Air Operations Assistant
Juba (South Sudan)
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Under the direct supervision of Chief Air Operations MAOC /OIC Flight Following, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Monitor aircarft daily movements to ensure that all missions are executed safely, according to published schedule and that all necessary clearances are in place;
- Follow up flights and aircraft tracking, recording all operational and non-operational events related to movement of aircraf;
- Maintan UN aircraft actual time of arrival and departure within or outside the mission area;
- Monitor and contact, through Radio, all UNMISS aircraft in flight.in AOR and Out of the Mission area when required;
- Perfom in relaying messages to and/or from aircraft regarding any changes affecting the flight schedule;
- Coordinate activities in cases of immediate requirement of MEDEVAC and CASEVAC as per mission directives;
- Provide Air Traffic Advisory services;
- Coordinate with Juba tower and all South Sudan Air Traffic Control Tower and Flight Information service offices for air traffic activities;
- Collect Pilot Weather Reports (PIREPS) and weather reports from the weather specialist and providing flying crews with updated weather information to their destination/arrival airports and en route;
- Ensure all flights Satellite tracking is Operational and continuously monitor the satellite tracking to know exact position of the Aircraft on the Air;
- Initiate alerting actions (Search and Rescue) after proper Authorizations by Chief Aviation Officer;
- Respond to queries from state’s other UNMISS Sections or other Organizations, regarding issues related to UNMISS Air traffic Flight in a timely manner;
- Liaise with the ground and Air Ops personnel in other missions regarding flight information;
- Assist the Sectors in all questions related to Air Communications procedures and flight planning;
- Maintain and keep records of all operational and non-operational events in Flight Following Logbook in chronological order;
- Ensure crew are NOT on the persona non grata list;
- Perform other duties as directed by the Chief Air Operations/Chief Planning on all matters pertaining to flight following and Air Safety.
Should have reasonable training in the Aviation Industry.
Air Traffic Control certificate, Private Pilot License(PPL), Commercial Pilot License(CPL),Cabin crew certificate/Aircraft dispatch License, Aircraft Engineering certificate are all desirable.Required experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
At least 3 Years of experience in the Aviation industry.Language skills:
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Computer skills: Solid computer skills, including full proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word etc.)Driving license: Yes Competencies values:
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to
Application deadline: 12 May 2021