HR Assistant, Sourcing & Recruitment
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Team Lead in the Global Sourcing and Recruitment Team or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer HR Assistant, Sourcing & Recruitment will provide support in some, or all, of the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Assists the responsible officer in:
a. Identifying the best and most appropriate outreach activities to target the talent.
b. Sourcing potential candidates through various channels, such as hosting or participating in career events/job fairs, online channels (social platforms, professional networks).
c. Managing a variety of outlets, such as job postings and social media, while effectively targeting the right kinds of candidates for the job.
II. Recruitment and Selection:
1. Assists the responsible Officer(s) in activities and processes related to the recruitment of Fixed-term and Temporary Staff (all categories), and Consultants:
a. Drafts and ensures accuracy of vacancy notices, and posts them on the Intra/Internet, via standard distribution. Drafts appropriate screening questions.
b. Generates preliminary screening of applicants on the basis of agreed criteria; generates spreadsheet using the on-line recruitment system to facilitate review by the HR officer, hiring manager and subsequent selection panel.
c. Ensures all arrangements for interviewing and testing of prospective staff including preparing recruitment panel files, scheduling interviews, arranging for video conferencing facilities, organizing travel as required, and monitoring of testing.
d. Conducts reference searches and enters candidate profiles in GSM (ERP system); and
e. Initiates preliminary version of selection panel reports (by inserting posting and screening information) and prepares selection background for submission to approving authority.
2. Provides assistance to staff members and/or applicants under selection or under reassignment and ensures that support and accurate and complete information is provided in a timely manner.
3. Liaises with the Global Service Centre to provide information and obtain clarification on specific staffing cases, particularly in relation to queries from candidates on entitlements and benefits, and during the on-boarding and separation processes.
4. Maintains an updated and efficient tracking system to ensure cases are efficiently managed within the allocated timeframe and in the most effective way; maintains all necessary records, databases and statistics to allow comprehensive filing, tracking and analysis.
5. Drafts reports and messages, prepares formal HR correspondence to both staff members and managers.
6. Organizes meetings, teleconferences, and selection panels and all related logistics; ensures completeness of all documentation and information for the meeting.
7. Acts as the focal point for all administrative questions in relation to the topics covered.
8. Liaises with different divisions within WHO to share, search for information and proactively develops new useful contacts.
9. Performs any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Secondary education Education - Additional Comments:
Completion of secondary school supplemented by training in administrative/HR work.
Additional relevant higher education an advantage.
A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in HR or administrative work.
Two years' recent experience in a WHO or UN administrative division, preferably in the area of Human Resources, to have a sound knowledge of the Staff Regulations and Staff Rules, procedures and practices as related to the work.
Proficient computer skills in MS Office applications (including PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
Practical knowledge of ERP applications such as Oracle or SAP would be an asset.
Practical knowledge of recruitment and onboarding system such as Taleo (Oracle based) would be an asset.
Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
Working knowledge of French is desirable.
Knowledge of another WHO official language is an asset.
Functional knowledge and skills:
Strong analytical skills and good sense of judgement.
Ability to draft in English neatly, concisely and grammatically correct.
Very good organization skills.
High sense of prioritization and attention to details.
Discretion and tact; ability to handle and preserve confidential information.
Ability to liaise with people at all levels in the Organization and to proactively search for information.
Ability to plan ahead and at the same time work well under pressure.
Customer orientation, cultural sensitivity and good business ethics.
Self-motivated, flexible and able to innovate.
Good knowledge of WHO/UN rules, procedures and office practices is desirable.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Communication, Respect for Diversity, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call for to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 18-05-2021