Immigration Legal Services Intake Specialist
Silver Spring (United States of America)
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct eligibility screenings of clients including asylees, parolees, SIVs, secondary migrant refugees, certified and pre-certified victims of trafficking, asylum seekers, CAM-AORs and anyone seeking immigration legal services.
- Respond to appointment requests and coordinate with immigration legal services staff to facilitate referrals and schedule appointments.
- Refer ineligible clients to community resources such as other community organizations or law firms.
- Collect all needed documents and information from eligible clients and upload to appropriate databases.
- Answer e-mail and phone-based client inquiries and serve as the first point of contact for external immigration legal services department inquiries.
- Maintain accurate tracking record of all intake and referral activities.
- Provide case status updates and processing questions where appropriate.
- Assist with client reminders for USCIS appointments through phone / text messaging, as needed.
- Refer immigration clients to other IRC programs, as needed.
- Comply with agency policies, protocols, and best practices.
- Other tasks and projects as assigned.