Programme Assistant (3 positions)
The International Solar Alliance is an inter-governmental organization headquartered in Gurgaon, India. The vision and mission of the International Solar Alliance is to provide a dedicated platform for cooperation among solar resource rich countries where the global community, including bilateral and multilateral organizations, corporates, industry, and other stakeholders, can make a positive contribution to assist and help achieve the common goals of increasing the use of solar energy in meeting energy needs of ISA Member Countries in a safe, convenient, affordable, equitable and sustainable manner.
The Programme Assistant will deliver a wide range of business support processes and activities for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery. S/he will report to Chief of Unit or Cluster Head. The Programme Assistant typically provides direct assistance to a senior officer or Chief of Unit or Cluster Head responsible for a major programme, such as a cluster or unit and performs, under minimal supervision, the full range of office management and administrative support functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Support the implementation and management of the Programme:
- Collate information for inclusion in reports, documents and correspondence; assist in the preparation of presentation materials using appropriate technology/software.
- Respond to standard queries and provide timely and accurate guidance.
- Respond or draft responses to a wide range of correspondence and other communications in a timely and accurate manner; using standard word processing package, assist in preparation of a wide variety of large, complex documents and reports.
- Carry out quality control function for documentation, correspondence, etc., making changes in line with established guidelines where appropriate.
- Ensure smooth and efficient information flow within the unit; assist in the development of office administrative systems and procedures.
- Manage, update and further develop internal databases; update website, as may be required.
- Perform a variety of administrative duties (e.g., leave recording, meeting organization, reservations, office supply and equipment orders, etc.), including preparing and/or processing administrative requests/documents (e.g., travel requests, expense claims, vouchers, visa applications, etc.).
- Attend meetings, prepare minutes, monitor follow-up activities, maintain calendar/schedules, etc.
2. Provide technical assistance to programme partners:
- Maintain relationships with a range of individuals through provision of business support to assist in information sharing and service delivery to staff.
- Research, compile and summarize background materials for use in preparation of reports, briefs, speeches, etc.
3. Support monitoring and reporting of the Programme:
- Process and manage routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas,
- Contribute to the effective and timely management of resources
- Manage and maintain records and databases, to ensure information is organized and readily available for staff.
- Generate a variety of standard and non-standard statistical and other reports from various databases
4. Knowledge building:
- Provide assistance in the coordination of service-wide activities (meetings, training, etc.), special projects and events.
- Participate in the trainings for the operations/ projects staff on programme.
Maintains files (both paper and electronic) and databases for work unit.
Perform other duties, as assigned, in area of work.
Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors’ language, tone, style, and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Planning and Organizing: Ability to plan and organize assignments. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Uses time efficiently. Demonstrates high degree of autonomy in the discharge of assignments.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Completion of secondary school education.
- Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Science, Commerce, Engineering, Management, Business Administration or related field is desirable.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in assistance, administration, travel, protocol, procurement or related fields is required.
- Experience working with administrative software applications (such as Microsoft Outlook, SharePoint, Word, Excel, and Power Point) is desirable.
- Experience in using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems (such as SAP) for administrative related tasks, specifically in travel arrangement, protocol and procurement matters is desirable.
Language and IT skills:
- The role demands substantial writing and verbal communications skills. As English is the official and working language of the Organization, excellent command of both written and spoken English is required.
- Knowledge of other languages (i.e., French, Spanish and Arabic) would be an advantage.
- Satisfactory skills in Outlook, MS Office products, and various ERP systems is highly desirable.
Qualified candidates must apply for the above-mentioned vacancy on-line, through ISA’s portal. Any applicants who have difficulties applying through the online portal should immediately contact the ISA secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ISA is striving to achieve gender parity at all levels as it proceeds with the recruitment of both locally and internationally recruited staff. In this regard, female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for all positions within the organization.
The ISA maintains a retirement age of 65 years.
Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for an interview and will receive notice of the outcome of the selection process.
The ISA retains the right to cancel the selection process if it is determined in the best interest of the Organization.
The ISA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names, and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
In addition to the salary, the ISA will provide the following allowances to the selected candidate:
a. Dependency allowances (for eligible spouse and up to 3 children)
b. Annual and sick leave (Annual leave accredited at 2.5 days per month)
c. Health insurance premium contribution as per ISA rules
d. Pension contributions (ISA will contribute a lump sum payment equivalent to UN common system rates (15.8% of net salary).
e. Income tax reimbursement (the ISA provides for national income tax reimbursement upon proof of payment