||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position
Under the direct supervision of the Child Protection Officer and the overall supervision of the Sr. Program Coordinator , and in close coordination with other relevant units of the program, the incumbent will provide specialized assistance to the planning, coordination, implementation, and monitoring of IOM Libya protection activities with a specific focus on the Child Protection activities. The incumbent will be based in Tripoli
- Undertake regular protection monitoring visits to detention centers and other places where migrants, IDPs, returnees and vulnerable host communities may reside, prepare protection assessment reports.
- Support Child protection activities within the protection unit, in particular: revise all child protection assessments conducted and ensure accuracy of the information collected, send family tracings to receiving missions and approve Child Protection cases before departure.
- Carry out Best Interest determination reports.
- Conduct vulnerability assessments of unaccompanied migrant children (UMCs) to help identify the urgent needs and possible solutions for children.
- Refer cases to relevant partner organizations and international organizations for appropriate follow-up and/or to other units within IOM for their respective follow-up.
- Identify and refer vulnerable cases for voluntary humanitarian return (VHR) and ensure that the VHR goes smoothly, follow up on procedures with the VHR team, embassy representatives, and the receiving mission.
- Identify migrants in need of direct assistance such as medical support (including psycho-social), Non-Food Items (NFIs), housing etc and ensure adequate referrals.
- Participate in awareness raising events and support client in trainings and workshops arranged by client and partners.
- Participate in Protection and Child Protection working groups when needed.
- Assist in the maintenance of all protection-related case-management records and files; provide statistics and data analysis as required.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Under the direct supervision of the Child Protection Officer and the overall supervision of the Sr. Program Coordinator
||• Professional experience in the field of migration and assistance to vulnerable populations with a Government or UN agency, or a regional or international organization in the Middle East and/or North Africa;
• Effective organizational skills and ability to establish priorities and plans, ability to work under pressure and cope with deadlines.
• Demonstrated problem solving attitude and skills.
• Good written and spoken communications skills, good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Good knowledge of MS Office applications e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
Bachelor's degree in Political or Social Sciences, Development Studies, Social Work, Human Rights, International Relations or Law, or another relevant field.
Minimum of 4 years of demonstrable relevant Migration experience.