Consultant in Communication
Angola (United States of America)
Secteur de tutelle : Secteur de la communication et de l'information (CI)
Lieu d'affectation: Angola
Catégorie d'emplois: Communication et information
Type de contrat : Personnel non permanent
Durée du contrat : De 1 à 6 mois
Recrutement ouvert à : Candidats externes
Clôture des candidatures (minuit heure de Paris) : 20-JUIN-2021
Valeurs fondamentales de l’UNESCO : Engagement envers l’Organisation, intégrité, respect de la diversité, professionnalismeOVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the supervision of the International Coordinator of the Biennale of Luanda and the Communication Officer of the UNESCO Antenna in Luanda, Angola, the consultant will assist the Communication Officer in all facets of communication activities under the responsibility of UNESCO to ensure good communication and visibility of the second " Biennale of Luanda - Pan-African Forum for the Culture of Peace" that will take place in Angola in October 2021. In close collaboration with all DPI actors, UNESCO colleagues in the various Field Offices and local partners, his/her tasks will include:
1/ On general communication
- Develop a communication plan with the Communication Officer, including advice and guidance on digital communication strategy, press relations, building the dedicated website, event design, social networks, etc. The communication plan must be adaptable to different interlocutors (press, sponsors, FO, UN agencies);
- Assist the communication officer in the development and provision of content for the Biennale website and social networks (key messages, press releases, texts to illustrate sections);
- To assist the Communication Officer in the follow-up of the relations with the official sponsors of the Biennale for all the elements related to communication;
- To select, with the Communication Officer, personalities such as "influencers" in order to promote the event on social networks;
- Participate in the production of scripts/interviews for these "influencers".
- To assist the Communication Officer in the daily monitoring of the website dedicated to the Biennale of Luanda and to propose content (feeding it with relevant information, videos, interviews, articles, photographs, etc.) in English and French;
- Assist the Communication Officer in the follow-up of the development of the Angolan website so that its information (in French, English and Portuguese) complements the ones on the UNESCO website.
3/ On video production
- Assist the Communication Officer in the production of scripts for the official teaser of the Biennale and the introductory videos dedicated to the sessions of the different Forums;
- Assist the Communication Officer in the search for visual/audiovisual content, if necessary, to assist the person who will be in charge of producing the videos.
4/ Social networks
- Assist the social media consultant in developing a multilingual social media package to be produced on time and distributed according to a precise schedule;
- Assist the consultant in the production of content for UNESCO's social networks (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn) in FR, EN and PT.COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial) Responsabilité (F) Communication (F) Innovation (F) Partage des connaissances et volonté constante d’amélioration (F) Planification et organisation (F) Culture du résultat (F) Travail en équipe (F) Professionnalisme (C) Pour plus d’informations, merci de consulter le Référentiel des compétences de l’UNESCO. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Master 2 or equivalent in communication, information, marketing or other relevant subjects.
Experience and competencies:
Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in the domain of communication, information, marketing or other equilavent.
Knowledge and fluency of English (written and oral) is required .
Good knowledge of Portuguese and / or French would be an asset.JOB DETAILS SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.