Consultant in Social Media
Angola (United States of America)
Parent Sector : Communication and Information Sector (CI)
Duty Station: Angola
Job Family: Communication and Information
Type of contract : Non Staff
Duration of contract : From 1 to 6 months
Recruitment open to : External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 20-JUIN-2021
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the management of the International Coordinator of the Biennale of Luanda, and in close collaboration with the Luanda Antenna’s Communication Officer, UNESCO communication experts in the Central Africa region, and all DPI colleagues, the consultant shall:
1. Develop a digital communication plan related to the Biennale of Luanda and related events (held in the Central Africa region and more broadly, events organized by UNESCO that regard the culture of peace and correspond to the spirit of the Biennale).
2. Develop a social media pack in line with the digital communication plan above-mentioned. The social media pack should:
- Include content to be published before, during and after the event;
- Contain social media content to be published on UNESCO’s main social media channels, including Twitter, Instagram and Facebook in English, French and Portuguese;
- Be used internally and externally.
3. Prepare attractive and interactive narrative texts in English, French and Portuguese, for social media and storytelling through images and video for the Biennale and related events;
4. Liaise with the communication counterparts from the African Union and the Angolan Government for all matters related to the communication on social media, but also with the communication officers from the potential partners’ institutions of the Biennale ;
5. Monitor and analyze reactions from our various communities on social media and adapt content to take advantage of developing opportunities;
6. Participate in relevant strategic meetings for enhancement of the Biennale on UNESCO and related events’s social media and web outreach.Long Description
1- Overall digital communication plan dedicated to the Biennale of Luanda and its related events;
2- Social media pack available in English, French and Portuguese intended to be shared internally and externally – it should contain (but not only): illustrations, short video teasers, GIFs, etc.;
3- Preparation of narrative texts/stories for social media in English, French and Portuguese;
4- Postings, live coverage and analysis;
5- General report on the whole digital campaign.Long Description COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial) Accountability (C) Communication (C) Innovation (C) Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C) Planning and organizing (C) Results focus (C) Teamwork (C) Professionalism (C) - For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Master 2 or equivalent in communication, information, marketing or other relevant subjects.
Experience and competencies:
Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in the domain of communication, information, marketing or other equilavent.
Knowledge and fluency of English (written and oral) is required .
Good knowledge of Portuguese and / or French would be an asset.BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS
Title: Social Media Consultant
Grade : Junior
Type of contract : Consultant Contract
Period : 04 months
Deadline for submission : 20 June 2021SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.