Client Benefits Navigator
Dallas (United States of America)
The Client Benefits Navigator helps community members identify, screen, apply for, and ultimately secure benefits for which they are eligible. The goal is to connect community members to benefits to further their economic livelihoods and long-term financial stability and success. The Benefits Navigator conducts research and contacts public and private resources such as (but not limited to): SNAP, Medicaid/Medicare, Health Insurance (Employer or ACA marketplace), temporary cash assistance programs, and childcare. The Client Benefits Navigator operates under close supervision with moderate latitude for the use of independent judgment and initiative.
· Research public and private benefits, resources, & opportunities in the Dallas metropolitan area, including cash assistance programs, healthcare, disability, childcare, and centers for special needs.
· Perform intake with qualified program participants to assess the needs of each individual/family.
· Create a benefits plan for each family, paying close consideration to employment, home, and care center locations. Assist in the application and negotiation of childcare contracts for community/neighbor-based childcare arrangements.
· Provide follow-up with providers and families to assess the effectiveness of childcare plans.
· Liaise between childcare providers, parents, caseworkers, employment specialists, and other colleagues.
·Comply with case file management and reporting requirements.
·Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in related field of study preferred.
· Relevant professional experience required; minimum of 1 year experience strongly preferred.
· Demonstrated success communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
· Proven ability to contribute both independently and as a key team member.
· Self-starter with excellent problem solving skills combined with the proven ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and manage time effectively.
· Fluent in English, both spoken and written; bilingual ability in one of the predominant languages of the local client base (Arabic, Burmese, Kiswahili, Farsi, Dari, French, or Spanish) is preferred.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
· Valid driver’s license, access to reliable vehicle with current insurance, and the ability to travel daily throughout the service delivery area (home visits, agency visits, service provider visits etc).
Working Environment: Standard office work environment. Occasional need for work outside of traditional business hours. Ability to lift 25-30 lbs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.