Individual Consultant – Block Program Manager -SVEP
The Government of Uttarakhand has to reduce poverty by building strong institutions of the poor particularly the women under the DAY-NRLM (Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana - National Rural Livelihoods Mission) the flagship program of Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India. The current Technical Support project to the Department of Rural Development, Government of Uttarakhand is conceived to provide Sustainable Livelihood Approach with a focus on securing adequate and decent livelihoods that contribute to the wellbeing of people not only through income generation but also by creating strong coping mechanisms that mitigate the vulnerabilities that the poor face. The programme consists of a comprehensive set of capacity building initiatives to strengthen the community institutions, coupled with a range of support services to ensure the viability of the economic activities undertaken by the Self-Help Groups (SHGs) and their federations to include access to credit and financial services, business incubation and productivity enhancement services, business and financial management skills, livelihood or enterprise support, market linkage, etc. The state governments are mandated to set up dedicated Mission Management Units at the state, district and village/community level for the effective implementation of the NRLM scheme.Start-up Village Entrepreneurship Programme (SVEP), the sub-scheme under the Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana - National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) has the objective of helping rural households including women to set-up enterprises. The scheme was approved in 2015-16 and the enterprise formation started in 2017-18. As on 30th November 2018, a total of 30,352 enterprises were formed across 20 States where the scheme is operational. Skill building support is provided to all the entrepreneurs supported under Start-up Village Entrepreneurship Programme through Community Resource Persons for Enterprise Promotion (CRP-EP).In order to operationalize the SVEP Project in Uttarakhand, UNDP is supporting Uttarakhand State Rural Livelihood mission by providing trained human resource and currently in the process of recruiting Block Program Manager -SVEP to support the nodal agency (State Government) in effective implementation of the Programme. The BPM would be placed with the CEO /COO State Rural Livelihoods Mission in the block/district.The BPM will work under the guidance of the CEO/COO SRLM who will provide overall project implementation
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions: The key results have an impact on the success of country programme within specific areas of cooperation. In particular, on poor and marginalized sections of the community and help in reducing poverty.
- Undertake the implementation of project activities under the SVEP at the block level
- Create various data sets of enterprise and entrepreneurs the block including the baseline survey of existing enterprises; ensure that this data updated at regular intervals
- Ensure provision of Business Support Services to the entrepreneurs the block
- Ensure that Enterprises has the required technical information (information about schemes etc) for the services that need to rendered
- Assist preparing the necessary content for training and capacity building of various stakeholders
- Ensure that financial requirements of enterprises are met
- Coordinate amongst CBOs and project staff for effective implementation
- Assist identification and selection of Community Cadre
- Support the CBOs operationalizing the various activities under the programme and building their capacities take over all the programme elements at the end of the project period
- Identify new business opportunities and markets for setting up enterprises
- Ensure regular monitoring and reporting entrepreneurship development activities the block
- Ensure that both the quantitative and qualitative targets are
- Ensure MIS and monitoring reports are submitted as per the defined timelines.
- Provide handholding and business management support to the clusters /incubated enterprises being supported the block.
- Any other task given by supervisor and CEO, USRLM
|Deliverables & Payment Schedules:||Payment %||Deliverable target dates|
| ||20% (INR 25,000)||August 2021|
| ||20% (INR 25,000)||Sept 2021|
| ||20% (INR 25,000)||Oct 2021|
| ||20% (INR 25,000)||Nov 2021|
| ||20% (INR 25,000)||Dec 2021|
The position is located in the Sahaspur block Dehradun district of Uttarakhand allocated by the CEO, USRLM and the incumbent will be required to travel extensively in and outside the block
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Should have exposure to social mobilization processes. tools and techniques.
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Excellent analytical skills particularly with social processes.
- Good communication and drafting skills
Management and Leadership
- Ability to work in a team and train staff on the job on social mobilization tools
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical standards.
- Demonstrated willingness to work on poverty issues and the affected community
- Suitable orientation to work with the deprived sections in the rural areas, vulnerability livelihoods
- Should be self-driven and motivated for social change.
- Management & Leadership skills
- Mentoring & Mobilization skills
Communication, Training, Presentation & Language skills
Required Skills and Experience
- Post Graduate or Graduate in any subject with Mathematics as subject till class XII. preferably from Management/Commerce or Engineering background.
- Minimum two years of experience preferably of working with Producer Organization for Non- Farm Livelihood sector. Preference will be given to those who have worked with SRLM or SVEP Projects.
- Proficiency in Hindi & English-both speaking and writing
- Proficiency in computer skills
Duration of the Work:
- The contract will be awarded for one year initially. Working days will be as per the State Government policy.
- 10 -15 days travel per month within the state, districts, block and village would be required
Schedule of Payments:
- Consolidated Annual Consultancy Fee (Remuneration) of Rs 1,25,000/- submission of monthly progress report certified by the reporting officer.
- Contract will be administered by UNDP on behalf of the State Government of Uttarakhand;
- The consultant would report to District Mission Manager, USRLM
- All the logistic support related official travel will be borne by the Government of Uttarakhand as per their prevailing rules;
- Consultant will be entitled for 2 days leave per month(non-encashable).
- The incumbent will be provided official laptop by the government for undertaking official work.
- Personal CV, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professional references.
Evaluation Method and Criteria:
Evaluation and ranking will be done based on the following criteria:
Step 1: Short listing would be done based on the following criteria:
Educational Qualification - 30 Marks;
Relevant Experience - 40 Marks;
Step 2: Personal Interviews (Face to Face/ Skype)
Suitability for the assignment - 30 Marks;Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview. The interviews will be conducted based on the competencies (skills) required as per the ToR. Final selection will be done on the basis of merit/marks secured in interview process.