Individual Consultant – Block Mission Manager
The Government of Uttarakhand has to reduce poverty by building strong institutions of the poor particularly the women under the DAY-NRLM (Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana - National Rural Livelihoods Mission) the flagship program of Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India. The current Technical Support project to the Department of Rural Development, Government of Uttarakhand is conceived to provide Sustainable Livelihood Approach that focusses on securing adequate and decent livelihoods that contribute to the wellbeing of people not only through income security but also by creating strong coping mechanisms that mitigate the vulnerabilities that the poor face. The programme consists of a comprehensive set of capacity building initiatives to strengthen the community institutions coupled with a range of support services to ensure the viability of the economic activities undertaken by the Self-Help Groups (SHGs) and their federations to include access to credit and financial services, business incubation and productivity enhancement services, business and financial management skills, livelihood or enterprise support, market linkage, etc.
The state governments are mandated to set up dedicated Mission Management Units at the state, district and village/community level for the effective implementation of the NRLM scheme. The mission provides regular hand-holding support to SHG/federations for a period of 5-7 years. At the end of a fully implementation cycle the SHGs/federations are well prepared to become resource institutions at the community level for providing evidence and support to other social initiatives. The programme focuses on agenda of inclusion of the poorest of the poor through transformation of the groups of rural women into empowered, self-reliant community organizations consisting of four stages of development (i) social
mobilization, community institution and capacity building; (ii) financial inclusion; (iii) livelihood promotion/skill building; and (iv) convergence as clearly defined in the NRLM scheme document.
In order to operationalize the Project, UNDP is currently in the process of recruiting Block Mission Managers to support the nodal agency (State Government). The BMM would be placed with the CEO /COO State Rural Livelihoods Mission in the block/district.
The BMM will work under the guidance of the CEO/COO SRLM who will provide overall project implementation guidance.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions: The key results have an impact on the success of country programme within specific areas of cooperation. In particular, the key results will have an impact on poor and marginalized sections of the community and help in reducing poverty.
- Work as team leader of NRLM at the Block level
- Providing direction and management of work to the team at the block level
- Responsibility for entire administrative and financial work at the Block level
- Coordination with government departments/Banks/Social organizations and externally aided financial agencies
- Formation, strengthening and training of Block level Federations
- M.I.S. management and updation
- Regular Reporting as per the set protocols to DMM
- All other works as are necessary for Mission at the Block level
- All other such works related to NRLM which shall be assigned by appropriate authority from time to time
- To be willing to work in any Block assigned by the CEO/COO and to undertake travel as and when required
Deliverables & Payment Schedules:
Deliverable target dates
| || |
31 August 2021
| || |
30 September 2021
31 October 2021
30 November 2021
31 December 2021
The position is located in one of the blocks of the Uttarakhand allocated by the CEO , SRLM and the incumbent will be required to travel extensively in and outside the block.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Should have exposure to social mobilization processes. tools and techniques.
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Excellent analytical skills particularly with social processes
- Good communication and drafting skills
Management and Leadership
- Ability to work in a team and train staff on the job on social mobilization tools
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical standards.
- Demonstrated willingness to work on poverty issues and the affected community
- Suitable orientation to work with the deprived sections in the rural areas, vulnerability livelihoods
- Specific domain understanding
- Management &Leadership skills
- Mentoring &Mobilization skills
- Communication, Training, Presentation &Language skills.
- Applicants from Uttarakhand would be preferred
- Female candidates preferred
Required Skills and Experience
- PG Degree /Diploma in Management/MSW or Social Science or Diploma related to Rural Development programmes from a recognized University/Institute
- Work experience of 2+ years in formulation and management of project proposals related to rural development
- Proficiency in Hindi & English-both speaking and writing
- Proficiency in computer skills
Duration of the Work:
- The contract will be awarded till 31st Dec 2021
- Travel within the state and districts would be required
Schedule of Payments
Consolidated consultancy fee (Remunerative) of Rs 1,85,000/- payable as per the deliverables and payments schedule mention above, upon submission of working progress report certified by the reporting officer.
- Contract will be administered by UNDP on behalf of the State Government of Uttarakhand;
- The consultant would report to CEO/COO SRLM, Government of Uttarakhand;
- All the logistic support related official travel will be borne by the Government of Uttarakhand as per their prevailing rules;
- Consultant will be entitled for 2 days leave per month (non-encashable).
- The incumbent will arrange to procure his/her own laptop. A monthly allowance of Rs 2,000.00 will be provided separately for the laptop along with the remuneration.
- Personal CV, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professional references.
Evaluation Method and Criteria:
Evaluation and ranking will be done based on the following criteria:
Step 1: Short listing would be done based on the following criteria:Educational Qualification - 30 Marks;Relevant Experience - 40 Marks;Step 2: Personal Interviews (Face to Face/ Skype)Suitability for the assignment - 30 Marks;Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview. The interviews will be conducted based on the competencies (skills) required as per the ToR. Final selection will be done on the basis of merit/marks secured in interview process.