PROJECT ASSISTANT (SC 5)
Parent Sector : Field Office
Duty Station: Jakarta
Job Family: Natural Sciences
Type of contract : Non Staff
Level : Level 3
Duration of contract : From 1 to 6 months
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 25-Sep-2021
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Only Indonesian nationals or persons with the right to work in Indonesia may apply to this position.OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Overview of the Function of the Project Assistant:
Under the supervision of Senior Programme Specialist of Water and Environmental Sciences (WES) of UNESCO Office, Jakarta, the incumbent shall perform the following functions:
1. Provide technical assistance in the implementation of the International Hydrological Programme (IHP) activities and development and delivery of country-level water management programs in the region in partnership with water-related UNESCO Chairs and Category-2 centres. Professional technical assistance to IHP activities including in reviewing the deliverables from project partners and assisted in the preparation IHP-related events.
2. Assist in implementation of extra-budgetary (EXB) and Regular Programme (RP) projects and preparation of the reports such as progress and final reports. Enable the development of progress reports and deliver its progress report
3. Assist in preparation of necessary reports on various on-going programme activities, annual report, website updates and other unit publications. Contributions to different types of written input as required, including newsflash, project reports for donors and UNESCO units, as well as reporting for SISTER.
4. Carry out comprehensive literature reviews and position papers on the recent water developments in the region under the direction of the supervisor. Providing data, reports and information as required in a timely manner and of high quality.
5. Assist in the general framework of water resources assessment and evaluation, the design of projects and develop project proposals in order to raise extra-budgetary funds for projects implementation. Assistance provided in a range of tasks relating to project development, execution and evaluation and developing concept note and project proposals.
6. Assist in managing administrative matters such as travel arrangements, procurement, asset/inventory management and other logistics support, for the smooth implementation of the WES activities. Good knowledge of administrative matters, enabling the unit to speed up administrative processes and liaise with administration colleagues.
7. Assist in the organization of international conferences/symposia, training courses, and workshops on hydrological issues in the region.
8. Develop and maintain regional IHP discussion e-forum. Assist in the updating of the unit web-pages including JFIT web-pages providing comprehensive information on the Jakarta Office WES activities.
9. Able to initiate contact with IHP members in the region and share the necessary information on IHP with them.
10. Perform any other duties deemed necessary by immediate supervisor or the Director of UNESCO Jakarta Office;
Bachelors or equivalent qualification in science
1. At least 5 - 10 years of experience in managing ad involved in natural sciences and/or development programs and teams.
2. Proven ability to plan and implement large and complex programs and manage associated budgets.
Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with a diverse group of contacts, and ability to be a team player and motivate the program team.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Indonesian and English are essential
Masters/Bachelors, or equivalent qualification in science, preferably in environmental and water engineering, natural resources, conservation, biology, development, scientific communication
Annual salary IDR 189,760,577 p.a. (Inclusive of Social Benefits)
Other benefits include 30 days’ annual leave.SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.