Local Consultant to Strengthen the Communication Efforts of the Section for Gender Equality
The EU Progress Report 2020 notes how legislative framework on gender-based discrimination has limited impact due to weak implementation of existing measures and insufficient prioritisation of gender equality in the overall state and public accountability mechanisms.
The Section for Gender Equality, under the auspices of the Directorate General for Human Rights within the Ministry of Justice, Human and Minority Rights, is mandated to coordinate and monitor government policies regarding gender equality. It furthermore ensures and monitors the development and implementation of the National Strategy for Gender Equality with an accompanying Action plan.
The capacities of the Section for Gender Equality remain limited and require to be further enhanced in order to ensure the timely and successful communication, implementation and monitoring of the government policies in the area of gender equality, including the new National Strategy for Gender Equality 2021-2025.
The National Strategy for Gender Equality 2021-2025 remains to be adopted by the Government of Montenegro in the foreseeable period. The principal strategic goal of the new strategy is the achievement of higher levels of gender equality in Montenegro by 2025. The operative goals include the improvement of the implementation of the existing normative framework, regarding gender equality policy and protection against gender-based discrimination; improvement of education, culture, and media policies in order to reduce the level of stereotypes and prejudices towards women and persons of different gender identities; and, increased participation of women and persons of different gender identities in areas that provide access to natural and social resources and the benefits of their use.
Therefore, the main objective of this consultancy is to support the Section for Gender Equality by strengthening its capacities to produce high-level and timely communication materials, especially concerning the new National Strategy, and support its implementation and monitoring through mapping the challenges and lessons learned, and improving data collection and availability. In addition, this consultancy will further improve the overall visibility of the Section’s work and initiatives.
The project “Communicating Gender Equality” is funded by the European Union and implemented by UNDP in partnership with the Ministry of Justice, Human and Minority Rights. The general objective of this action is to contribute to achieving gender equality by enhancing the capacities to promote and integrate gender equality in governing, culture, media and human rights institutions to encourage and indorse culture of tolerance and gender equality in public discourse. Strengthening of the Government capacities in terms of communicating gender equality both within the institutions and in the public discourse is one of the goals of the action.
Duties and Responsibilities
Objectives of the assignment:
The objective of the assignment is to strengthen capacities of the Government of Montenegro, specifically the Section for Gender Equality, to ensure the effective and efficient communication, implementation and monitoring of the gender equality policies, including the new National Strategy for Gender Equality 2021-2025, and to improve the outreach of the gender equality initiatives.
Under the direct supervision of the UNDP Project Manager and guidance of the Head of the Section for Gender Equality, the local consultant will perform the following tasks:
- Develop 16 pieces of written communication content in line with the needs and priorities of the Section for Gender Equality, that will be published on the official website and/or social media platform (announcements, blog posts, social media posts, information) (10 days);
- Prepare a report reflecting on the process of adopting of the National Strategy, highlighting challenges and lessons learned from the process based on the inputs received from the Section for Gender Equality, as well as from the various sources referred to by the Section (10 days);
- Collect official data inputs from relevant databases and/or PA institutions and update of the existing database as regards the various areas which are covered by the National Strategy, based on the Section’s reporting priorities, including for instance women’s representation in various sectors (10 days);
- Prepare the Final Report for the assignment, focusing on recommendations for strengthening of Section’s communication strategy, validate by the Head of the Section for Gender Equality and approved by the UNDP Project Manager (10 days).
The expected results: Under the supervision of the UNDP Project Manager and guidance of the Head of the Section for Gender Equality, the local consultant is expected to deliver the following results:
- Developed 16 pieces of communication content;
- Developed report reflecting on the process of adopting of the National Strategy, highlighting challenges and lessons learned from the process;
- Collected data and updated databases;
- Delivered final report on all activities undertaken under this assignment provided, highlighting main results achieved and proposed recommendations.
Timing and reporting: The local consultant is expected to work in Podgorica, Montenegro during the assignment’s duration: 1st October 2021 – 31st March 2022. The estimated number of working days is 40.
There is no foreseeable travel outside of Podgorica, Montenegro during the assignment. The local consultant will be responsible to prepare the final report to the UNDP Project Manager, and it should contain sufficient detail and information that would allow for the appraisal of the effectiveness to date of the assignment’s activities.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Shares knowledge and experience;
- Builds strong relationships with clients, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Excellent social, communication skills and ability to operate under pressure;
- Excellent writing and reporting skills;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Ability to use and adapt knowledge in various context communicating clearly strategic goals;
- Demonstrates ability to manage complexities and work under pressure, as well as conflict resolution skills
Required Skills and Experience
- University Degree in social sciences, or similar;
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience (including internships) on similar tasks at the national or international level;
- Experience with Public Administration and UN/UNDP or other international organization will be an advantage;
- Proven competence and experience in the data collection and entry, reporting, and content writing / development;
- Excellent communication and writing skills;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Montenegrin language is mandatory for this position;
- Excellent computer and IT skills;
- Experience in writing communication content, such as blogs, social media content, etc;
Criteria for selection:
Combined Scoring method will be used. When using this weighted scoring method, the award of the contract should be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as: (i) responsive, compliant, acceptable, and (ii) having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation.
- Technical criteria weight - 70% (Background and education 10%; Relevant previous experience 20%; Substantial knowledge/Required competencies 30%; Required language 10%);
- Financial criteria weight - 30%.
Only offerors obtaining a minimum 490 points for technical criteria will be considered for the financial evaluation. For more information on procurement methodology for Individual Contractors, please refer to Procurement Notice.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their applications by September 22, 2021 by using the Apply now button. The application should contain CV or P11 that can be downloaded at https://www.me.undp.org/content/montenegro/en/home/jobs.html. Please note that UNDP jobsite system allows only one uploading of application document, so please make sure that you merge all your documents into a single file.
Only the short-listed applicants will be contacted and requested to submit a letter of interest including a price quotation indicating the lump sum (in EUR) requested for the work envisaged in the section "Description of Responsibilities".