Education Technical Assistant Myanmar Sittwe
Position: Education Technical Assistant (1 Post – Female only)
Reports to: Education Officer/ Education Project Coordinator
Department: Education Unit
Duty station: Sittwe Area Office, Rakhine
Category and Level: Grade 4, Step 1
Duration and type of contract: Up to end of September 2022 with fix term
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Role and responsibilities
The following is a brief description of the role.
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work- and Professional Development Plan.
- Monitor and report on the project activities and ensure compliance with plans and NRC standards
- Work with the community education committees in the planning and enrollment of the activities
- Distribute and monitor the use of materials, cash and non-cash according to procedures
- Administrate all service contract payments and entitlements
- Assist the teachers, trainers and mobilizers in their work
- Suggest new methods and approaches in order to improve the quality of the activities
- Report all protection related concerns
- Carry out data collection as required
- Prepare field reports
- Prepare and file relevant documents as required by line manager
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Support monitoring & evaluation activities and all report writing activity progresses
Record and maintain project specific field documents according to donor and NRC specifications
- Lead in community mobilization in all targeted locations about education programming
- Maintains a strong work-relation with communities and implementing partners
Contribute to the development project and thematic materials for use in Education program activities
- Support Education Coordinator, Education Officer and other Education program staffs in conducting of survey, assessment and data collection
- Support all budgeting, accounting and administration of education activities
- Support for the Education Officer and Education Project Coordinator in providing translation from local languages to Myanmar/English
- Abide by all standard NRC security protocols when circulating in the field and encourage team members to do the same.
- Scan and archive all documents related to financial, procurement and program needs
- All other tasks not mentioned above that might be requested in order to improve and support the program
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Beneficiaries, Respective Community Focal Persons
- Education PM, PC, Programme Staff
- Support Team
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Experience from working with education projects in a humanitarian/recovery context at least 2 years
- BA degree or equivalent preferred. Relevant experience necessary.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Good English and Computer skills
Context related skills; knowledge and experience (shall be adapted to the specific position):
- Strong administrative, accounting and reporting skills.
- Good Computer skills
- Good English skills
- Training/ facilitation skills
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Ability and willingness to work and live under difficult circumstances
- Flexible, creative and co-operative
2. Behavioral competencies
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies and the following are essential for this position:
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with people
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicate with impact and respect
- Performance Management
The employee will be accountable for and evaluated on the responsibilities and the competencies, based on NRC’s Performance Management System. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The individual Work- and Professional Development Plan
- The Competency Framework
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
“In the selection of its staff, NRC is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as
to race, sex, religion, HIV/AIDS status, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities: well
Qualified women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply."