Casework Assistant (Multilingual)
Baltimore (United States of America)
BACKGROUND: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. At work in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities to restore safety, dignity and hope, the IRC leads the way from harm to home. Domestically, our 22 offices across the U.S. ensure new arrivals have food, shelter, and clothing, and work with refugees to help them gain self-sufficiency.
SCOPE OF WORK: The Multilingual Casework Assistant provides interpretation services and supports resettlement efforts by conducting airport pickups, home visits, cultural orientations, translating documents and performing related resettlement tasks.
- Provide high quality, culturally competent interpretation services for refugees, asylees and SIVs receiving services through IRC and partner agencies.
- Provide interpretation services to outside clients that request interpretation through the IRC Community Interpreter Program.
- Transport newly arrived refugees from the airport and orient them to their new homes. Conduct required follow up home visits.
- Conduct cultural orientation trainings for newly arrived refugees and asylees using an existing curriculum.
- Collaborate effectively with coworkers and partner organizations. Build and maintain relationships with area service providers for the benefit of clients.
- Use personal, insured vehicle and/or public transportation (where available) to travel and transport clients and materials as needed throughout the service delivery area.
- Other administrative, linguistic, and resettlement-related tasks as assigned.