Wichita (United States of America)
The Donations Assistant supports securing and distributing in-kind donations for clients across multiple programs. They help to locate, pick up and, coordinate the distribution of furniture and household items to newly resettled families in Wichita, KS. They also assist in setting up apartments and purchasing required household items, maintaining IRC storage units, and securing new donation partners to provide for our clients. This role requires lifting and moving furniture when needed as part of the housing set up process and involves direct interaction with IRC clients and community partners.
- Secure in-kind donations of furniture, household supplies, and other client needs
- Assist in the coordination of donation pickups from community members
- Carry out household setups and purchases, including moving mattresses, furniture, and household goods
- Assist in the assessment of household needs for newly arrived refugee families
- General office duties, and administrative support
- Other duties as assigned