Business Process Support Consultant
New York City (United States of America)
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Under the overall guidance of Facilities and Administrative Specialist and Asset Management Associate the Business Process Support Consultant will lead the implementation of the Fixed Assets related modules and functionalities of the new Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. The ERP Consultant function is a comprehension of capacity development activities to support the Organizational changes, creating benchmark with other UN Agencies. The Consultant is expected to provide solutions to a wide spectrum of complex issues related to fixed assets and financial management, promote a collaborative, client-focused, quality and results-oriented approach in the section, work in close collaboration with internal and external stakeholders both at Headquarters and field levels for the successful delivery of Fixed Assets Module.
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Mapping existing Asset Management business workflows/ processes to Oracle Cloud, identifying gaps and opportunities;
2) Identify and oversee resolution of system defects, errors, and other issues, elevate to the Project Team and Business Owner when required;
3) Compile and review functional and technical specifications, user stories, use cases, workflows, on UN Women asset management processes;
4) Provide functional advice to all involved stakeholders to improve and optimize procure-to-pay business processes;
5) Data migration, reviewing the existing Asset management data and it fits to the Oracle format;
6) Coordinating different Asset Management areas/ functions which may be cross-functions in other streams as Financial management, Capital projects, Procurement etc. Coordinate activities on working towards the common outcome. It will include, but not be limited to:
- Participate in meetings with Infosys Oracle developers and other participating UN Agencies;
- Provide feedback, asset management scenarios and share current requirements;
- Escalate any issue that would be detrimental to UN Women to the Assets Manager for prompt decision to be taken.
- Participate in cross-streams meetings and discussions.
7) Coordinate the roll-out of Asset Management module in the new ERP system in a cross functional setup, including through adaptation of standardized financial and asset management processes.
8) Ensure compliance of UN Women Fixed assets solutions, modules and functionalities with internal regulations, rules, policies, and procedures.
9) Revision of Business process documents to reflect changes and updates through Asset management policy, Sale and Donation of Asset Procedure, Vehicle Management Policy and other Policies, procedures, guidelines, and asset’s forms.
10) Formulate organization-wide system requirements for reporting, oversight, monitoring and other business needs.
11) Managing the ERP roll-out, coordination on testing and creation of UN Women specific SOPs.
12) Assistance in developing an UN Women Prepare PowerPoint presentation for field trainings;
13) Assistance in delivering the Asset Management ERP trainings to the Field Offices, troubleshooting, assistance to Field offices and support at HQ after the system’s rolled out. Key Performance Indicators: The key results have an impact on overall on organization’s efficiency in asset management, financial management and administration and success in the implementation of operations strategies.
• Timely and accurate analysis and presentation of information;
• Timely delivery of well-organized and transparent financial, asset and administration processes to ensure client satisfaction and delivery of UN-Women programmes/projects.
• Timely information sharing to facilitate decision making of the management, learning capacity building, and development of standardization of tools, systems, templates including policies and procedures.
Core Values: • Respect for Diversity • Integrity • Professionalism
Core Competencies: • Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues • Accountability • Creative Problem Solving • Effective Communication • Inclusive Collaboration • Stakeholder Engagement • Leading by Example
Functional Competencies: • Strong knowledge of asset management systems and processes, particularly in the UN system is an asset; • Ability to provide policy advice and support; • Ability to process, analyze and synthesize complex, financial and technical information; • Proven ability to support the development of high-quality knowledge and training materials, and to train technical teams; • Ability to handle confidential information; • Good negotiating skills; • Strong IT skills.
Mode of Contract execution: The services may be partially delivered remotely, and the consultant will be expected to be onsite and within UN Women’s Headquarter Offices, Department of Management and Administration (DMA) Facilities and Administration Section when health and safety regulation guidelines allows for on-campus work operations in full capacity.
Please visit the link for information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies that you are expected to abide by during the execution of the consultancy: https://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-values-and-competencies-framework-en.pdf?la=en&vs=637
Required Skills and Experience
Education and Certification:
• Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, Operations, Management, or related field;
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is an asset.
• A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in finance and asset management with a focus on business process analysis, documentation, implementation of asset management/ finance solutions and ERP Systems, or related area is required;
• Minimum three (3) years’ paid work experience in UN Common system is preferred
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
• Experience in IPSAS is an asset;
• Experience in Oracle Cloud ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) implementation at global or regional level is an asset.
• Fluency in oral and written English is required;
• Knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an asset;
• Working knowledge of another UN official language is an asset.