Christian Communities Marketing Officer
LocationMedair Global Support Office (GSO), Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, open-ended contract.
In collaboration with branding and communication team, develop Medair’s presence and raise funds within Christian communities.
Develop and execute strategies and creative initiatives to raise Medair awareness and attract new supporters. Develop a strong network of supporters (donors and ambassadors), particularly among Christian communities, across all Switzerland.
Key Activity Areas
Creative communication and campaigning
- In collaboration with the Branding and Communication team, develop and execute new initiatives and campaigns to increase brand visibility and build engaging experience to grow the donor database among Christian audiences.
- Project management: create, develop and implement fundraising projects and campaigns.
- Develop and strengthen Medair’s presence in the Christian community through talks, events, collects, relationships building, and campaigns.
- Find new and attractive locations, partners & sponsors to implement events and support with planning and organization of Medair events.
Implement Christian Ambassador concept
- Focus on people that have an above average alignment with Medair’s vision and mission to inspire and equip them to work alongside us: influencing, campaigning, giving, praying, working, volunteering and innovating.
- To uphold Medair values and to contribute to the wellbeing of the team as an active member (e.g. participating in the spiritual activities such as intercession and devotional time).
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in a relevant field (i.e. Marketing, Communication, Business Management, International Relations, Political Sciences).
- Certification of professional fundraising, Marketing, Sales, Account Management desirable.
- Excellent written and spoken German and French. Good English working knowledge.
Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC)
What is the ROC and why is it required?
- Private or public sector experience in a relevant field in Switzerland. Experience in mobilising Church and/or Christian communities. Professional experience in communication/ customer relationships/ marketing or sales, Event Management/ planning & implementing of campaigns desirable.
- Advanced user of MS Office. Experience in CRM software, Social media, Word press desirable.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written. Networking skills.
- Sense for inspiring communication and current trends.
- Close to the market, ability to identify potential of audiences. Goal and performance oriented.
- Understanding of International and humanitarian context.
- Experience in business development desirable.
- Strong link and interest with Christian communities (Protestants, Evangelicals, Catholics).
- Goal and performance oriented.
- Creative mind-set, open for new ideas, desire to stick out and be innovative.
- Pioneer and self-driven.
- Collaborative team player.
- People-oriented, strong interpersonal skills.