Project Procurement Assistant (PA)
Albania (Colombia) | Tirana
The mandate of the OSCE Presence in Albania is to promote democratization, the rule of law, and human rights as well as to consolidate democratic institutions in line with OSCE principles, standards and commitments.
Originally established in 1997, today, the Presence's activities range from arms control and the fight against trafficking to electoral assistance; anti-corruption initiatives; gender mainstreaming and environmental projects; human rights protection; legislative, judicial, and media reform; and the capacity-building of law enforcement officials.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Presence in Albania please see:
A vacancy for a fix-term appointment has arisen in the OSCE Presence in Albania for a project Procurement Assistant (G5) starting from December 2021 for a period of 3 years, under the ExB project entitled “Assisting the National Authorities of the Republic of Albania to Decrease the Risk of Weapon Proliferation and Misuse of Small Arms and Light Weapons (SALW)”.
The incumbent is based at the OSCE Presence in Albania, within Security Cooperation Department and will be under the direct supervision of the National Project Officer (PO) in cooperation with the members of the Project Implementation Team (PIT).
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the National Project Officer, the successful candidate will be tasked with the following duties:
1. Planning and managing of all procurement and contractual aspects related to the ExB project in accordance with the local legislation and respite OSCE rule and regulations;
2. Establishing and advising the appropriate procedure, prior to commencing any procurement; preparing individual procurement plans for significant (high value/sensitive goods) purchases;
3, Carrying out market comparative analysis in order to:
(I)making the proper choice when selecting the qualified and proven suppliers;
(II) applying for the contract with the supplier delivering goods/services for economically efficient price;
(III) ensuring that the contracted price is not higher than the concerned market price in case of the sole-source contracting;
(IV) assessing the quality of the concerned product, service or work;
4. Drafting contracts/agreements with vendors after the preparatory work, preparing a written statement together with a detailed explanation of the reasoning in case of application of the sole-source contracting as part of the procurement record;
5. Preparing requests for price quotations, obtaining competitive quotations from vendors; performing administrative examination of the quotations received, preparing documents for technical evaluation, providing recommendations or comments on technical evaluation, performing financial evaluation, analysing responses to determine lowest and best vendor;
6. Completing the Bidding Documents considering such aspects as consideration on prequalification, procurement notice, eligibility of Bidders, qualification, experience and capacity of Bidders, pre-Bid meeting, bid security, validity of bids, evaluation and contract award criteria, special condition of contracts;
7. Official communication with companies that submitted their quotations to provide clarifications regarding inconsistencies in their quotations;
8. Identifying and advising management of procurement related risks; identify and troubleshoot purshase order related problem areas.
- Completed secondary education supplemented with relevant training/course in public administration, economics or project procurement field ( mandatory);
- At least 4 years of related work experience in the field of procurement and in project procurement activities based on market search analysis and assessment ( mandatory);
- Familiarity with local legislation on the procurement and all contractual aspects ( mandatory);
- Experience with procurement risk mitigating issues.
- Computer literate with practical experience in MS Office packages and experience with ORACLE applications, Integrated Resource Management Application system;
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Good analytical and interpersonal skills
According to the fixed OSCE salary scale, the remuneration is approximately 960 EURO, subject to post classification results and National Social Security deductions. OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/vacancies.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see https://www.osce.org/participating-states.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please note that for this position the OSCE does not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests, visas and relocation.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.