Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Finance Specialist to ensure effective service delivery in the Area Office of Benghazi, Libya.
About the job
The Finance Specialist, under Area Manager direct line management and under Finance Manager technical line management will work closely with the support and programme teams in Benghazi area to manage, oversee and support the implementation of Financial services, processes, and procedures in line with DRC & donor regulations.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Ensure all payments are made timely and in accordance with existing DRC templates and through DRC Dynamics, that payment documents comply with DRC internal financial procedures and donor regulations
- Provide monthly overview and analysis of DRC LBY’s main and interim accounts, reconciliation, and clearance while ensuring timely clearance and maximum cost recovery;
- Ensure an ongoing, accurate both physical & digital data filing system for all vouchers and financial documents in the AO Finance office.
- Ensure completeness of physical and electronic filing of vouchers and other financial documents in SharePoint, check and Validate all cash and bank payments for accuracy, and complete supporting documents, responsible for overall cash and bank management of the Area Office.
- Facilitate day-to-day accounting functions, including regular cash verification, cash/bank reconciliation, monthly accounts closing, advances’ reconciliation, timely submission of accounts to CO FP, provide support to ensure payments to suppliers and payment requests to CO are submitted and followed up in a timely manner.
- Ensure DRC Dynamics is used to its full capacity and proper application of all ERP finance processes in the Area office, apply reports and data analytics from DRC Dynamics to improve performance in the country operation
To be successful in this role we expect you to provide Finance support to DRC’s programme and operations implemented in Benghazi area sector in its operation in Libya while ensuring adherence with the organizational and donor regulations and procedures. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- University degree in Finance Management, Business Administration, or equivalent professional qualification.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in a similar field.
- Fluency in Arabic.
- Full professional proficiency in English.
- High degree of computer literacy.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: six months
Designation of Duty Station: Unaccompanied/ Benghazi
Start date: 15 November 2021
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact Eman Mohammed HR/Admin Officer -Benghazi at email@example.com .
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 31 October 2021
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website