Spring 2022 Fundraising Intern
Atlanta (United States of America)
This internship is located within the Resource Development Department, whose purpose is to establish strong, mutually-beneficial connections between the community and the IRC in Atlanta in order to garner monetary, in-kind and volunteer resources for refugee clients. The Fundraising Intern will work closely with the Development Assistant and Development Manager towards these goals to enhance the IRC in Atlanta’s ability to meet refugee client needs.
This position requires a minimum of 15 hours a week for at least 3 months. This position will require on-site work, and therefore applicants must be located near the Atlanta, GA area.
- Provide data collection and research including tracking all forms of funding sources.
- Draft written materials for internal and external communications and prepare mass mailings.
- Proofread and edit letters of intent and grant proposals.
- Assist with updating and maintaining IRC donor database.
- Research potential major donor prospects and assist with donor outreach and cultivation.
- Provide direct service to refugee clients as needed by the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Assist with other Resource Development needs such as donor management, external communications, and fundraising.
- Attend and actively participate in staff meetings and special staff development programs.