ERP Engineer – Consultancy
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the consultancy of ERP Engineer to work in the Knowledge Management and Information Technologies Unit (KMIT) in CIMMYT. The selected candidate will be requested to provide technical and functional expertise to the ERP system which include, but not limited, to solution configuration, customization, testing, security, reporting, and user support. The candidate will be a key business improvement partner of process owners and will be responsible in identifying challenges and opportunities in the organization. The consultancy shall be responsible in the configuration and maintenance of solutions to meet business requirements.
The consultancy is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Analyze business process issues and improvements and provides solution recommendations to Business users and KMIT management in timely manner.
- Create well-written and effective professional documentation such as business requirement documents, process maps, test plans and use cases for technical team members and business user.
- Gather functional and technical requirement, analyze fit-gap vs. software functionality and recommend solutions using best practices.
- Manage, lead, and participate in ERP implementation and other administrative systems projects
- Configure the Procurement, Inventory Management, Master Planning and Warehouse Management modules in Dynamics AX2012 and 365.
- Understand and provide support to the integration between Dynamics 365 and Power Apps CDS.
- Assist the technical team in designing, programming, testing, deploying, maintaining, and supporting new services
- Conduct user or process specific training sessions
- Understands the capabilities of the Dynamics AX 2012 and 365 ERP platforms and supporting systems; propose improvements to meet or streamline the business needs and requirements.
- Design and develop financial and operational reports using SSRS and other Microsoft Business Intelligence Tools such as PowerBI and Financial Reporting (previously management Reporter)
- Participate in other KMIT activities such as Annual and interim audits, One CGIAR group task.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- The selected candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, electrical engineering, or other related fields.
- The selected candidate must have at least 5 years of experience working in a similar role.
- The selected candidate preferably would have experience working with Microsoft Dynamics 365, AX 2012 Certification: Financials, Supply Chain, Project Accounting.
- The selected candidate must show intermediate level in the use Productivity Tools such as Microsoft Office Suite, Advanced Excel, Visio
- The selected candidate must show advanced knowledge of X++ and SQL
- The selected candidate must have knowledge of Dynamics AX development environment, X++, SQL, Visual Studio, SQL Management Studio, SSRS, ETL using SSIS, SSAS, Management Reporter 2012 (Reporting Tool). PowerBI and SharePoint are a plus.
- The selected candidate must have experience in ERP gap analysis and requirements gathering, hands on experience in diverse areas including implementation, migration, training & troubleshooting
- The selected candidate must exhibit sense of urgency , appropriate handling of confidential information and commitment to responsibilities and deadlines
- Intermediate Level of English (conversational and written) (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of B2 as per CEFR)
- High level of responsibility, confidentiality and discretion.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Critical thinking, Communication, Teamwork, Client Orientation, Problem solving and decision making.
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This consultancy will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.