- Independent Contractor
- Program (Division)
- Country Programs - India
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI, in partnership with its India affiliate William J Clinton Foundation (WJCF), works in close partnership with and under the guidance of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) at the Central and States’ levels on an array of high priority initiatives aimed at improving health outcomes. Currently CHAI/WJCF works across projects to expand access to quality care and treatment for HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis-C, tuberculosis, cancer, and immunization. Additionally, CHAI is also supporting the Government of Madhya Pradesh (MP) on large-scale programs to arrest childhood and maternal mortality due to malnutrition, anaemia, diarrhoea, and pneumonia, and helping increase access to quality Family Planning services.
The State of Madhya Pradesh has outlined an ambitious vision for expanding access to quality and accessible Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health (RMNCHA) services. CHAI is supporting the state’s vision by driving various interventions and incorporating insights/tools emerging from these interventions to strengthen and scale government programs.
CHAI is looking to recruit a Consultant to support the Maternal Health and Family planning departments of the government of Madhya Pradesh. The Consultant, working out of FP and MH departments, will support the Department’s ambitious vision to drive scale and sustainability of innovative interventions and tools across the State.
This position offers a unique opportunity to work closely with the state government leadership leading policy and implementation of SRH programs towards improved health outcomes. The successful candidate will adhere to the core CHAI values of resourcefulness, entrepreneurialism, flexibility, independence, humility, and work ethic. The Consultant will work closely with CHAI team members to support various programmatic components across the following thematic areas:
- Strengthening uptake of modern family planning methods: The Consultant will be responsible for strengthening implementation of existing government programs and informing strategy based on the results of our program pilots.
- Strengthening quality of care in FP & MH programs: The Consultant will support relevant government programs such as the Labor Room Quality Improvement Initiative (LaQshya), scout for possible platforms which could be leveraged for incorporating our learnings and work towards strengthening, sustaining and scaling the ongoing interventions.
- Demand side support: The Consultant will support development and roll out of IEC & counselling tools for FP and MH services. He/she will ensure that such platforms are strengthened with thoughtful adoption of results/outputs/insights emerging from ongoing pilots.
- Governance structures to monitor, strengthen, sustain and scale interventions: The Consultant will support existing review mechanisms within FP and MH divisions and ensure that emerging insights from ongoing pilots are anchored through governance structures so that these sustain and scale.
- Identifying possible platforms within government programs for incorporating our learnings and identifying opportunities for PIP inclusion and adoption within such government programs
- Developing strong working relationships with key stakeholders and liaisoning government leadership at Divisional, District and Block level to log concerns
- Supporting ongoing CHAI pilots, providing technical inputs on the content, carrying out field visits to monitor program implementation and helping the team in translating and adopting emerging insights to enable adoption within government programs.
- Ensuring facility certification under the state’s flagship program of Labor Room Quality Improvement Initiative (LaQshya).
- Undertake and perform any other activities may be advised or instructed by the state team as and when required
- Master’s/PG in Public Health, MBA, Social Development or other relevant professional degree with at least 4 years of work experience; or Bachelor's degree with exceptional work experience
- Experience working with the government is required
- Good analytical (qualitative and quantitative) skills and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Experience in SRH space; technical knowledge of FP methods/LaQshya/hospital administration is an advantage
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Willingness to travel at short notice
- Fluency in English and Hindi