Extended Case Management Caseworker
SCOPE: The Extended Case Management (ECM) Caseworker provides trauma-informed services to refugees and other qualified immigrants to provide aid and support towards the achievement of client self-sufficiency. The Caseworker works closely with clients, colleagues, and external parties to develop service and/or self-sufficiency plans to meet individual client needs and preferences utilizing a broad range of financial, medical, social, vocational, and other services and resources in accordance with client eligibility and program requirements. These responsibilities are a key part of the ECM programming to provide access to quality, culturally and linguistically competent services to refugee and immigrants in the Atlanta community.
Initially, this is a 6-month temporary position with the possibility of extension depending on grant funding.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Provide Extended Case Management and Department of Human Services (DHS) Social Adjustment services and classes to vulnerable immigrant and refugees.
· Counsel clients seeking financial assistance and teach financial management in preparation for self-sufficiency.
· Ensure accurate tracking of clients receiving financial assistance in accordance with funder and partnership requirements
· Complete immediate needs assessments, comprehensive psychosocial assessments, individualized self-sufficiency service plans, as well as on-going engagement and need assessments.
· Provide services to assist clients with needs, such as employment, education, eviction interventions, community integration, and connection to medical and mental health care.
· Create and maintain a resource guide of appropriate medical/mental health providers and support services for populations served.
· Create ongoing processes for internal and external service providers to determine clients’ unmet needs.
· Actively participate in achieving the performance goals set for the program.
· Attend regular case review/team meetings, and attend other meetings as required.
· Ensure all program required reports are submitted timely and in accordance with guidelines.
· Other duties as needed and assigned by manager.
· Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field of study preferred.
· Relevant professional experience in human services field required; minimum of 2 years’ experience strongly preferred.
· Demonstrated success in case management services, including engagement, assessment, safety/service planning, referring to services, advocacy, and follow-up preferred.
· Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
· Proven ability to contribute both independently and as a key team member.
· Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and manage time effectively.
· Fluency in written and spoken English, additional language skills desired.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
· Valid driver’s license, access to reliable vehicle with current insurance, and the ability to travel regularly within the service delivery area.
· A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
· May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.#LI_GR1