Finance Specialist Accounts Payable
LocationMedair Global Support Office (GSO), Lausanne, Switzerland. Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, fixed term contract ending March 2023 (maternity cover).
The Finance Specialist Accounts Payable supports many of the financial activities of Medair (Global Support Office and Field Finance) in Accounts Payable.
Medair Global Support Office (GSO) provides operational guidance for country programmes, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers. Within our headquarters and affiliate offices, we are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programmes, and to recruit international and GSO staff. The Finance Specialist is responsible for providing accounting, clerical and administrative services to ensure that accounting and financial information related to Medair GSO and Field Finance is maintained timely and accurate at all times.
Key Activity Areas
Book Keeping – Accounts Payable
- Collect, process and book vendor invoices in the financial system.
- Manage credit cards: book monthly transactions and perform monthly reconciliations.
- Support Accounts payable team with monthly review and reconciliations of accounts payable sub-ledger.
Other Accountings Tasks
- Treasury transfers & bank fees: Post the weekly treasury transfers and the bank fees in the financial system.
- Manage the monthly allocations to P&L of vendor invoices booked in transitory accounts (balance sheet): collect monthly financial dimensions and budget holders’ approvals, book the transactions in the financial system for the monthly closing.
- Month-end closing tasks: Assist with the monthly bank reconciliations; Support with month-end closing tasks such as transitory accounts reconciliations, prepayment recurring entries booking and reconciliations and forex entries booking on internal transfers.
- Ensure clear and transparent paper trails adhere to all financial transactions.
- Ensure files and archives are in line with Medair and donor requirements of international accounting standards.
- Assist with the provision of financial transactions including documents during statutory audits.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international programmes and GSO prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Certificate in business administration and or accounting/book keeping.
- Excellent working knowledge of English and French (speaking and writing).
Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC)
What is the ROC and why is it required?
- At least 5 years’ experience in a finance position in accounts payable.
- Experience with processes and procedures understanding and their implementations.
- Experience in accounts receivable function would be an added advantage.
- Computer literate with very good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with accounting software.
- Experience in working with fund accounting software would be an advantage.
- Strong problem-solving ability and improvement driving skills.
- Competent with administrative tasks.
- Organized, structured and detail oriented.
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Strong Christian commitment.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Enjoys challenges and works hard to achieve objectives.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering data.
- Willingness to work in a multi-cultural team.
- Capacity to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
- Able to prioritise work to meet deadlines.
- Creative, open-minded, flexible, self-learner.
- Able to take initiatives within a consultative framework.