EFSA Guest Programme Call 2022/2023
Would you like to join our Agency for a few months and take part in our different projects? Would you be interested to share your expertise with us while gaining valuable insights from the work we do to ensure food safety within the EU? Would you like to enter the EU Agencies ecosystem and get a hands-on experience?
As a guest professional, you would bring your expertise to EFSA and take back to your home administration or university the knowledge acquired during your period of secondment.
The Guest Programme is open to PhD candidates and employees of public administration, institutions or international organisations. It is a cost-free scheme for which EFSA does not pay any financial contribution to the selected candidates. The secondment will take place either at the premises of EFSA or remotely.
- Gain first-hand experience in a scientific EU Agency allowing you to develop new competencies and skills in line with personal interests and professional aspirations;
- Contribute to specific and/or research projects with new ideas and innovative solutions;
- Bring forward your project and deepen your research in collaboration with experts in the field;
- Extend links to the international risk assessment community;
- Provide support to the implementation of Risk Assessment capacity building in Europe.
- 12 months maximum, for candidates from a public entity or international organisation, or
- 6 months maximum, for PhD candidates.
While working for EFSA you will have the chance to make a difference to European food safety working in an international and dynamic environment. You will also be able to participate in several valuable networking opportunities across Europe.
Furthermore, you will be joining EFSA at an exciting time as we are implementing the Transparency Regulation: EFSA expanded its mandate and has grown considerably over the last few years.
- The application shall be submitted online on the EFSA careers page. You need to fill in and sign electronically the application form in order to be considered a candidate.
Eligible candidates will be shortlisted by EFSA taking into account:
- the candidates' academic and professional background,
- EFSA’s level of engagement with the country/institution of origin (e.g. existing cooperation agreements in non-EU countries, including ENP countries),
- EFSA's priority areas (linked to EFSA’s strategy and work plan),
- The European Commission’s priorities with the country of origin (for Pre-Accession countries and non-EU countries, including ENP),
- Novelty of knowledge area/expertise.
- The shortlisted candidates may be asked to undergo a telephone or on-line interview to discuss suitability for the role, mutual expectations and possible starting date.
- Successful candidates will receive a placement offer, stating the starting date, the tasks, the duration and the list of documents to be submitted before the start date.
- Before the period of placement starts, the selected candidate shall submit to EFSA a declaration outlining all interests overlapping with EFSA’s remit to ensure that no conflict between the interest(s) held by the candidate and those of the Authority may occur.
- EFSA does not pay any financial contribution to the selected candidates nor cover any expenses incurred by them.
- The duration of the placement will be specified by the relevant Head of Unit; it will depend on the selected project and cannot exceed the period mentioned in Article 3 of the relevant Decision of the Executive Director.
While the Call is open applications may be submitted at anytime and both withdrawals and application updates are possible.
Non-EU candidates are required to obtain the relevant visa.
EFSA ensures that the personal data of all applicants is protected during and after the selection procedure. Please read more on the Personal Data Protection.
For more information on the conditions of the EFSA Guest Programme, you can consult the ‘Decision of the Executive Director of EFSA on Guest Programme at EFSA’