Senior Accounting and Administrative Assistant
Working with in-country partners, IRRI develops advanced rice varieties that yield more grain and better withstand pests and disease as well as flooding, drought, and other harmful effects of climate change.
The Alliance of Bioversity International and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) delivers research-based solutions that harness agricultural biodiversity and sustainably transform food systems to improve people’s lives. Alliance solutions address the global crises of malnutrition, climate change, biodiversity loss, and environmental degradation.
With novel partnerships, the Alliance generates evidence and mainstreams innovations to transform food systems and landscapes so that they sustain the planet, drive prosperity, and nourish people.
The Alliance is part of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food-secure future.
About the position
The Senior Accounting and Administrative Assistant will report directly to the Regional Accounting Associate Officer and will provide accounting and administrative support to the Alliance country office in Philippines. The post holder serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on matters involving the country office.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensuring all the accounting transactions are recorded timely and accurately in accordance with the accounting basic, regulations and directives;
- Ensuring proper management and processing of transactions including payments accordance with the DOA, financial policies and regulations;
- Effective and efficient petty cash management in line with the guidelines;
- Examining bank statements and reconciling them with general ledger entries, making monthly bank reconciliations, cash reconciliations;
- Monitoring outgoing payments from accounts payable, ensuring the payable accounts are cleared once the payments are made;
- Timely reconciliation of travel advances and accountabilities to ensure advances are liquidated on time and advance accounts are cleared once the liquidations are made;
- Maintaining all the accounting documents and records both in digital and hard copy;
- Responsible for facilitating both Internal and External audits;
- Ensuring compliance with local laws and regulations as well as the Alliance policies and procedures.
Assisting and supporting the administrative functions in:
- Coordination of general office administration;
- Providing administrative, logistical, and financial support to research staff;
- Liaising with key research and other institutional partners in the Philippines;
- Implementation of procurement for the country office;
- Making procurements in Agresso;
- Ensuring full compliance and application of standard Alliance Logistics procedures;
- Supporting HR Unit when requested;
- Other tasks as required by supervisors.
- Technology career education or bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or other related fields;
- At least one (1) year to three (3) years of experience in accounting and/or finance;
- Full professional proficiency of the English language, both written and spoken;
- Proficiency in relevant software packages (Microsoft Office Suite) and other IT applications/systems;
- Familiarity with Philippines Taxation Law and Legal requirements;
- Can work with minimal supervision while demonstrating initiative and resourcefulness;
- Flexibility and adaptability to work under tight deadlines and extended periods;
- Demonstrated capacity to perform in a team-based, culturally diverse and international work setting;
- Well-developed skills in personal organization, filing and priority setting, problem solving and accuracy.
- Previous experience working for international development and/or research organizations, NGOs or UN agencies is highly desirable;
- Knowledge of ERP systems
Terms of employment
This is a full-time position based in Los Baños, Philippines and available for Filipino nationals. The successful candidate should be available to commence as soon as possible for an initial of one (1) year fixed term contract, with the possibility of contract renewal depending on performance and funding situation. This position is subjected to an initial three-month probation period and is graded at a level BG5 in a scale of 14 levels being BG14 the highest level.
The Alliance offers a multicultural, collegial research environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer, and strive for gender, diversity and inclusion in our staff, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, or any other characteristic.
Applicants are invited to apply online latest by 30 September 2022 through the Alliance Careers website (https://alliancebioversityciat.org/careers) by clicking on the “Apply” button, completing the online application and attaching a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above position against the qualifications, competencies, skills, together with a detailed curriculum vitae, including names and addresses of three referees knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience.
Screening will start immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Due to the high volume of applicants for the Alliance positions, we appreciate all interest, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: