Last Mile Delivery and Returns Expert
|Vacancy Announcement No: UPU/22/P3/FT-C/377
Title: Last Mile Delivery and Returns Expert
Type of contract: Fixed-term (Core) Appointment
Duration: Three years
|Publication Date: 22 September 2022
Application Deadline: 2 November 2022
(41 day(s) until closing deadline)
Currently accepting applications
Organizational Unit: Postal Operations Directorate (DOP )
Duty Station: Bern Switzerland
Scheduled date for taking up appointment: As soon as possible
With its 192 member countries, the Universal Postal Union (UPU), a specialized agency of the United Nations, is the primary forum for cooperation between postal sector players. It helps to ensure a truly universal network of up-to-date products and services.
Under the supervision of the Transport and Last Mile Delivery Programme Manager, the expert will be responsible for:
- Implementing projects and proposals related to last mile delivery and returns;
- Conducting research and analytical studies on best methods, tools and practices regarding last-mile delivery and transport returns;
- Piloting and promoting identified efficient models of last-mile delivery and returns;
- Providing expertise related to last-mile delivery and transport returns.
1. Contribute to developing solutions for last-mile delivery and returns
- Assess the postal delivery network;
- Identify efficient delivery options and solutions available through designated operators, and develop and maintain an online database on best practices for designated operators;
- Pilot and promote the identified delivery options and solutions;
- Assess the transport returns solutions adopted by the UPU;
- Assess the needs of the e-commerce market in terms of returns, and evaluate and propose procedures and processes for returns;
- Pilot and promote solutions for returns.
2. Provide last-mile delivery and returns expertise
- Provide ongoing expertise and analysis and make recommendations on last-mile delivery and return issues;
- Develop and propose regulations and processes regarding last-mile delivery and transport returns;
- Initiate and develop standards relating to last-mile delivery and transport returns;
- Provide secretariat support to the Postal Operations Council (POC) body dealing with last-mile delivery and returns;
- Develop new solutions for transport returns for cross-border e-commerce.
3. Provide support to the Transport and Last Mile Delivery Programme Manager
- Assist the programme manager in substantive and sensitive tasks to ensure achievement of the programme's goals;
- Contribute to the work of the POC bodies responsible for last-mile delivery and returns;
- Provide expertise on possible process improvements based on technology regarding last-mile delivery and returns;
- Work closely and share information with other International Bureau programmes linked to last-mile delivery and returns, specifically customs, security, standards and compliance activities, as well as the experts responsible for the transport dimensions of e-services and e-commerce.
4. Provide secretariat support to UPU bodies
- Contribute to and assist with the preparation and organization of the meetings of the POC, Council of Administration (CA) or Congress committees and ad hoc groups, providing support with tasks such as the production, gathering and distribution of documents, briefings and presentations, as well as information exchange, public speaking and drafting of reports, etc.;
- Give guidance to the assistant assigned to the programme in the area of last-mile delivery and returns support services for the relevant POC/CA committees, standing groups and task forces.
5. Ensure representation, within the scope of authority set by the supervisors
- Liaise with national authorities and regional and international bodies to share knowledge and exchange information in areas relevant to the programme;
- Participate in external technical meetings with expert groups, attend interagency meetings and workshops (or similar) to share information and gather data, results and best practices relating to the issues covered by the programme.
|QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED|
1. First-level university degree (Bachelor or equivalent) in one of the following areas: supply chain, logistics, public administration, management or a related field.
2. Two years of experience in postal operations, transport, customs, technology and customer service.
At least five years of proven experience in national postal or courier services and expertise in both the domestic and international postal supply chain.
1. Extensive knowledge of postal business issues related to transport, last-mile delivery and returns, including regulatory, operational, customs, technological, pricing and remuneration issues.
2. Sound knowledge of transport, last-mile delivery and returns processes.
3. Good understanding of UPU electronic data interchange messages and Postal Technology Centre tools, such as IPS, IPS.post, QCS, IQRS, OAG Cargo flight planner tool, etc.
4. Experience of cross-cutting project management.
5. Familiarity with the UPU Rules and Regulations.
6. Writing skills.
7. Office tools.
|Skills and abilities / competencies:
1. Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
2. Ability to plan, organize and carry out activities.
3. Analytical skills.
4. Results oriented.
Proficiency in English or French. Working knowledge of the other language will be an asset.
French is the official language of the UPU. English and French are the working languages of the UPU International Bureau.
Candidates might be considered for other similar posts (for a period not exceeding one year).
The UPU is committed to encouraging diversity within its workforce. Interested candidates from minority groups and/or with disabilities are encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated equally and in the strictest confidence.
Candidates must ensure that they provide relevant contact details so that they can be contacted at any time, to prevent them from being excluded from the selection process.
|Annual salary: (Net of tax)
|Post adjustment: 73.5 % of the above figure(s). This percentage is to be considered as indicative since variations may occur each month either upwards or downwards due to currency exchange rate fluctuations or inflation.|
|The conditions of service are governed by the Staff Regulations and Rules of the International Bureau of the Universal Postal Union.|
|Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application form.
All applications must be received by the closing date as stated in the vacancy announcement.
All applicants employed by postal entities and applying for a vacant position in the Professional (P) or Senior (D) category must be recommended and submitted through the competent postal authority.
Applications not satisfying this criterion may not be considered.
Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
|Applications from women and member states are particularly encouraged.
The UPU promotes diversity and work-life balance.
|For further instructions regarding the online application process, please visit the UPU internet page at:|
|Currently accepting applications|
The UPU has a smoke-free environment