Deputy Head of Country Delegation
The Deputy Head of Delegation (DHoD):
- Ensures strong support and follow-up in the implementation of the programs supported by IFRC in Türkiye.
- Represents IFRC with stakeholders and partners, including government agencies and institutions, diplomatic missions and international organizations and actors.
- Acts as a focal point to support the TRCS, managing programmes and coordinating inter-disciplinary projects or initiatives.
- Works closely with TRCS to mobilise resources and develop partnerships required for effective programme development and programme implementation.
- Provides leadership support to ensure implementation of the IFRC Agenda for Renewal in Türkiye.
- Acts as acting Head of Delegation (HoD) in the absence of the HoD and performs other duties assigned by the HoD.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Programme and Project Management and Coordination:
- Is responsible and accountable for planning, implementing, monitoring, reporting and evaluating programmes and projects, including oversight of budgets and budget management.
- Ensures consistency and compliance, especially with policies, procedures, standards, methodologies, instruments, theories and practices.
- IS responsible for approving expenses related to the projects and budgets under her/his responsibility, including the approval of transfers to TRCS as well as their reports on expenditures.
- Ensures effectiveness of projects and programs, especially the extent to which they meet people’s needs, expectations and capacities of National Societies and partners.
- Identifies, analyses and mitigates uncertainties and risks relating to decisions made.
Non-project-specific duties, especially synergies, capacity building and learning responsibilities:
- In coordination with the HoD, leads a collaborative and cooperative approach across all the aspects of the support, assistance and advice provided to minimizing project and team silos and maximizing synergies and efficiencies.
- Supports, assists and advises National Societies throughout the programming cycle: from assessing needs and capacities to planning, monitoring and evaluating operations as well as putting in place strengthened reporting systems to increase the quality of reporting and learning.
- Leads, instils and implants integration, synergies and learning across projects and project teams to minimize silos and maximize efficiencies.
- Plans, executes and oversees all activities and tasks needed to maintain the expected level of excellence and highest standards of work, service and evidence.
- Ensures the generation of more efficient, effective and consistent standard operating procedures, protocols and practices, including those related to the requirements of the membership and external partners.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (continued)
Mobilization of resources, including coordination, cooperation, and collaboration with partners:
- Mobilizes resources to expand and scale up activities, projects and programmes in close collaboration, coordination, and cooperation with relevant colleagues in TRCS.
- Maintains coordination, cooperation, and collaboration with regional and global technical teams to ensure greater efficiency as well as consistency with approaches, policies, methodologies, instruments, and practices.
- Maintains open, accessible, and transparent communication with the TRCS, IFRC membership, ICRC, external partners, teams in-country, country cluster support teams, regional offices, and IFRC Headquarters.
- University degree in management, international cooperation, or another relevant field.
- Post-graduate education (i.e., master’s degree or equivalent) in social. sciences/development studies, strategic/programme management, management studies or other relevant discipline.
- IMPACT course or equivalent knowledge.
- Certification or equivalent training in Project Management.
- 10+ years of work experience in managing operations for a humanitarian aid organisation and or development cooperation organisations.
- 5+ years of experience at senior management level roles.
- 3 years of experience of proven track record in managing large development or humanitarian programs.
- Proven results-based experience on partnerships and resource development.
- Proven experience in people management.
- 5 years of management experience in Red Cross/Red Crescent National Society, IFRC or ICRC.
- Proven experience of acting in a representational role and maintaining donor and partner relations.
Knowledge, Skills and Language
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong management and organizational skills, including ability to delegate authority and responsibility.
- Ability to work in a cross cultural and cross functional environment.
- Ability to think big picture while driving the teams towards results.
- Organised and thorough in his/her approach to work.
- Excellent interpersonal negotiations skills, including ability to effectively communicate a vision, solve problems and manage conflict.
- Proven people management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake high-level representational and advocacy role.
- Drive change and improvements and ability to deliver strategies in a challenging environment.
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity, and substantial experience of strategic thinking, including identifying, analysing, solving problems, responding to opportunities and challenges, and translating these into practical plans of action.
- Strong financial management skills.
- Understanding of and commitment to IFRC’s mission and values.
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Good command of another IFRC official language (French, Spanish or Arabic)
Competencies and Values
Values: Respect for diversity; Integrity; Professionalism; Accountability
Core competencies: Communication; Collaboration and teamwork; Judgement and decision making; National society and customer relations; Creativity and innovation; Building trust
Functional competencies: Strategic orientation; Building alliances; Leadership; Empowering others
Managerial competencies: Managing staff performance; Managing staff development
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: