20-011 | Finance Officer
VACANCY TITLE Finance Officer
LOCATION: Dhaka, Bangladesh
TERM Initial contract duration 1 year with the intention to extend
INTENSITY 40 hours per week, 5 days per week
ANTICIPATED START DATE 1 December 2022
APPLICATION DEADLINE December 10 2022, 10 pm CET
The Global Center on Adaptation (GCA) is an international organization with the vision of helping countries adapt to climate impacts. We will achieve this vision by working as a solutions broker to catalyse action and support for adaptation solutions, from the international to the local, in partnership with the public and private sector, to ensure we learn from each other and work together for a climate resilient future.
GCA is a fast growing organisation with its headquarters in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, with a Research and Innovation hub in Groningen and with regional offices in Abidjan, Bangladesh and Beijing. GCA’s global strategy is implemented under three pillars of Knowledge, Programs, and Advocacy. This role is within the Finance & Operations directorate, that supports and facilitates the operational units globally.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Finance Officer you will be responsible for maintaining an accurate and up-to-date financial and accounting administration. You are well-organized, flexible and stress resilient; and work accurately and efficiently. You have experience with financial processes such as “purchase to pay” and have an affinity to ERP financial systems and MS Excel. Under the management of the Finance Manager, you will contribute to a strong backbone of GCA; providing colleagues and third parties with exceptional client oriented support on finance matters.
Areas of responsibility
- Perform financial administration tasks timely and accurately in financial system (Unit4).
- Support the timely preparation of monthly reports, budgets and donor proposals.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of finance processes and procedures.
- Support the preparation of annual statements, annual audit and project audits;
- Process personnel and general costs allocations to projects and grants.
- Process payroll expenses, taxes and VAT
- Conduct periodic financial analysis to identify and resolve issue, gaps and variances
- Maintain general and subsidiary ledgers, and balance sheet specifications
- Process journal entries, financial data and reconciliations
- Ensure the completeness of quality accounting records and documents
- Support colleagues with finance related inquiries.
- Provide any other financial information to internal and external stakeholders pro-actively and at their request.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: