Shelter Specialist Myanmar
NRC is looking for a Shelter Specialist to join the Myanmar mission. The role holder will be the strategic and technical lead for NRC Myanmar’s Shelter response. He/she will be responsible for strategic leadership, technical quality, advocacy and coordination, and fundraising for the Shelter sector. The position-holder is also responsible for overseeing small-scale WASH activities that support NRC and partner programmes, as well as for providing technical support and guidance to the Shelter field teams.
If you are an analytical, methodological, organised, and procedure-driven expert, with an innovative and strategic mindset and the ability to collaborate with others while building sound relationships, then this is the role for you!
What You Will Do
- Strategic Leadership (developing the Shelter strategy, technical guidance, and macro logical framework analysis; and identifying trends, technical standards, and donor priorities).
- Project Implementation (following up on compliance with contractual commitments within the Shelter sector, ensuring high technical quality and synergies in project implementation; and providing technical direction and project implementation support).
- Remote Programming (developing and implementing remote programming systems and tools).
- Safe and Inclusive Programming (strengthening of the Shelter programming standards and supporting in cross-cutting initiatives to ensure Do-No-Harm and improve inclusion, accountability, community engagement, etc.).
- Emergency Preparedness and Response Planning (facilitating the development of area office-level emergency response and preparedness planning).
- Partnerships (strengthening and expanding NRC’s partnerships with other agencies).
- Advocacy and Coordination (contributing to NRC’s advocacy objectives through meaningful engagement in briefings, development of advocacy products, and coordination; and representing NRC and the Shelter programme in the relevant coordination fora, and with external stakeholders).
- Learning (harmonising and strengthening Shelter and Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene monitoring and evaluation tools and systems; supporting programme learning throughout the project-cycle; and ensuring that key learnings are extracted and incorporated in the development processes).
- Fundraising (fundraising; and developing and revising funding proposals, budgets, and donor reports).
- People Leadership (mentoring; providing support and systematic training; and building the capacity of technical staff).
What You Will Bring
- Shelter expertise, and experience in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Market analysis, cash-based interventions, and market-based programmes expertise and knowledge.
- Logical framework analysis use for project/ programme design and follow-up.
- Humanitarian donor experience would be an added advantage.
- Complex, and volatile context exposure. Experience of working in a hardship duty-station, and/or with scale-up and significant contextual change is preferred.
- Myanmar, or South-East Asia context exposure and knowledge will be an added advantage.
- English fluency, both written and verbal.
What Makes This Position Attractive?
- NRC has delivered humanitarian assistance and protection to vulnerable affected populations in Myanmar since 2009, following Cyclone Nargis. NRC has established sector teams in Camp Management, Education, Information Counselling and Legal Assistance, Protection from Violence, and Shelter and Settlements.
- NRC Myanmar provides services and assistance to vulnerable populations affected by conflict and displacement across three Area Offices (Northwest, Northeast, and Southeast Myanmar).
- NRC Myanmar works in collaboration with a diverse portfolio of local, national and international organisations.
- This is an opportunity to join one of the most respected humanitarian actors in Myanmar that has a strong reputation with donors, embassies, clusters, and peer agencies.
- The chance to work with a diverse portfolio of donors and partners.
- Exposure to a diverse range of sectors and programming modalities.
- Meaningful work, with a high-quality integrated programme, that that responds to the diverse needs, priorities, and concerns raised by beneficiary communities.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility.
What We Offer
- Yangon, Myanmar duty station, subject to receiving a visa. The successful candidate may be expected to work from home/remotely for extended periods of time.
- 12-months contract duration.
- 30% travel, approximately.
- Grade 9 in NRC’s Salary Scale. NRC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- NRC is an equal opportunities employer. In the selection of our staff, we are committed to diversity without distinction to age, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
- We think outside the box, encourage ideas, and give responsibility to all employees at all levels. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
Key Information - Please Take Note When Applying
- We highly encourage you to learn more about the role: please review the full Job Description here.
- Learn more about NRC’s operation in Myanmar here.
- Apply by completing all the system-required fields of your experience, employment history, and education in your application.
- Ensure to attach your latest CV.
- Submit your application and CV in English.
- When creating your profile, include your full name as per your passport.
- To apply as an internal candidate, click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site.
- Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. NRC is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role and you meet most, but not all the requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- Applications that do not meet the minimum standards in terms of experience or qualifications will generally not be considered.
- Unsolicited applications not related to this specific job advertisement will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We receive many applicants for each vacant position. Unfortunately, we do not have the resources to give detailed feedback to applicants who have not been shortlisted.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply early.
- For any queries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Shelter Specialist Myanmar” as the subject line.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: