- Organization: IRC - International Rescue Committee
- Location: Warsaw
- Grade: Level not specified - Level not specified
- Administrative support
- Disaster Management (Preparedness, Resilience, Response and Recovery)
- Closing Date:
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people survive, recover and gain control of their future. The IRC is working to improve the safety, health, education, economic well-being and power of people in crisis affected places. IRC’s Economic Recovery and Development programming ensures that clients meet both their short- and long-term economic needs through sustainable and ethical programs such as, but not limited to, cash and voucher transfers, food security promotion, climate-smart agro-pastoral production and enterprise development and employment promotion.
More than 3.6 million people have fled across borders to seek safety in the 1st month since the escalation of conflict in Ukraine on February 24, 2022, and over 6.5 million Ukrainians are reported to be displaced. As the vast majority of the displaced are women, girls, and boys, this could become the worst humanitarian crisis Europe has seen in decades.
Between February 7-23, 2022, an IRC team undertook a scoping mission covering Poland and Ukraine to better understand the context, humanitarian and civil society landscape, and anticipated service gaps in the event of an escalation of conflict in Ukraine and consequent displacement into neighboring Poland. As of February 24th, the IRC has pivoted to an emergency response, and have identified partner agencies in Ukraine and Poland to facilitate immediate assistance that can be used where it is the most needed. Simultaneously, the IRC is establishing operations across Ukraine and Poland to complement partner response services either in breadth or scale.
This position is based in Warsaw with a remote part-time working modality.
The Economic Recovery and Development (ERD) Assistant will support day to day implementation of cash and basic needs and livelihoods programming assistance in Poland.
Under the supervision of Senior ERD Manager, the ERD Assistant will be responsible for:
Program Quality and Implementation
• Adhere to detailed implementation plans to ensure program implementation is on time, with target goals and budget management using effective monitoring & evaluation systems and adaptive management principles to reach desired impacts
• Raise PRs, follow up on procurement/payments, support in other admin tasks for ERD program
• Translate the documents and presentations
• Ensure case management information is up to date, looping in the ERD Staff for any concerns
• Support ERD staff in planning of disbursements (ATM/Mobile Money/Cash in Hand) and coordinate with relevant stakeholders
• Supporting development and sending out regular communications about upcoming programs
• Maintain up-to-date distribution calendar, raise purchase requests, main records of all data, and provide other administrative support as needed
• Coordinate with different sectors as requested by the ERD staff
• Supporting analysis and mapping of the key stakeholders in all programming areas
Partnerships and Representation
• Provide support to implementing partners as needed and determined by them and the supervisor, including trainings, data management support and other operational support for their programs.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL)
• Log Client Feedback and Complaints and respond to functional complaints
• Keep ERD Staff updated if any issue arises in program processing
• Participate in assessment and learning activities as required.
• Complete other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs
• Adhere to the IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
Education: High school degree required, Bachelor’s degree in a related preferred.
DEMONSTRATED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Fluency in Ukrainian required. Polish and/or English will be an asset.
• At least 6 months of related experience, preferably in implementing humanitarian or development projects with I/NGOs
• Experience working directly with clients in social service settings
• Proven ability to work well in and promote teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure with professional grace.
• Willingness to travel to different cities within Poland
• Demonstrated dedication to an anti-racist and Do No Harm approach, gender equality and inclusion
• Experience of working with banks to complete cash transfers
• Experience of working with multiple different cash transfer mechanisms
• Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel
• Experience with training desired
• Strong liaison and diplomatic skills
• Punctuality and attention to detail required
Female candidates are highly encouraged.
Must have right to work in Poland.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.