CBO Protocol & Admin Intern
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Hanoi
- Grade: Internship - Internship
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: Closed
The UN Common Back Office (CBO) provides operational support services to the UN agencies residing in the GOUNH at 304 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh, Hanoi.
The Common Back Office offers 6-month internship opportunities to highly motivated applicants in order to support with the CBO’s daily operations and task flow. The interns will work under the overall leadership of the CBO Manager while reporting directly to their team leaders.
Although GOUNH will not provide interns with a formal training program, interns will gain hands-on experience in administration management, specifically, at the end of the internship, the intern will:
- Get to know how an office operation performs
- Get to know how to handle different administrative issues
- Get to know how the document management system works
- Becoming familiar with all office equipment and other IT applications
- Becoming fully capable and confident in making working in a multi-culture working environment.
Interns will be encouraged to attend briefing sessions on topics of interest to them and may from time to time take part in relevant GOUNH events when available.
Duties and Responsibilities
The intern is expected to contribute to the following tasks:
- Assist with filing and documentation
- Assist in updating the database
- Providing logistical support for protocol activities and services
- Assist in recording tickets and extracting data on/from the Service Desk software
- Assist with CBO admin tasks, including but not limited to stationery audit & refill, inventory, and ad-hoc translation
- Assist with communication to GOUNH users and other teams via Intranet and other communication manners
- Demonstrate commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision, and values;
- Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Focus on results for the client and respond positively to feedback;
- Consistently approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude; remain calm, in control, and good-humored even under pressure.
Required Skills and Experience
Intern at the time of application must meet one of the following conditions:
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent)
- Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation;
The intern should have the following qualifications and skills:
- Be able to communicate in English effectively;
- Good command of computer skills: MSWord and Excel are required;
- Familiarity with database software and adequate skills in data entry;
- Able to verify and correct inaccurate data in the database.
- Familiar with image/video processing is an advantage
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: