Strategic Information Optimizer
Strategic Information Optimizer
- Job ID
- International Positions
- Employment Status
RISE is a 5-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). RISE works with countries to achieve a shared vision of attaining and maintaining epidemic control, with stronger local partners capable of managing and achieving results through sustainable, self-reliant, and resilient health systems by 2024. RISE’s contributions to this work will lead to fewer new HIV infections, decreased HIV-related morbidity and mortality, and increased quality of life for people living with HIV.
RISE supports countries to achieve and maintain epidemic control by providing strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to improve HIV prevention, case finding, treatment programming, and viral load suppression. The primary HIV-related objectives of the RISE project are to: attain and maintain HIV epidemic control among affected adults, youth, and priority populations, attain and maintain HIV epidemic control among key populations, strengthen health systems including improved program management, health information systems, human resources for health, and financial systems to ensure attainment and maintenance of epidemic control and support the transition of direct funding and implementation to capable local partners.
The overall purpose of engaging these optimizers is to ensure that all program data are regularly reviewed, gaps are flagged and corrected. In addition, they will support data (targets and achieved) reporting and other SI activities on the project.
- Ensure sites level data quality through daily profiling of entries on DHIS
- Support state in clearing data quality flags in RADET files, DHIS and EMR
- Support routine data entry on the RISE project
- Ensure that the entries on the MSFs in each health facility are correctly entered into the project’s DHIS
- Ensure data concurrence across reporting platforms
- Review patient level data generated on RADET database and ensure that they are correct, consistent, complete and timely
- Address any other SI/HI related issues as they present.
- Bachelor degree (preferred) Social sciences, Public health, Demography, Statistics or related field
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with an international and or local NGO
- Strategic information experience, conversant with MER indicators, data collection, analysis and data visualization using DHIS2, Electronic Medical Records, Statistical software, Power BI/Tableau and other innovative data management systems
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
Please apply at www.jhpiego.org/careers
Applicants must submit a single document for upload to include: cover letter, resume, and references.
For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Jhpiego, a Johns Hopkins University affiliate, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, other legally protected characteristics or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. Jhpiego promotes Affirmative Action for minorities, women, individuals who are disabled, and veterans.