Call for application for consultants in graphic design, visual communications and fine arts
Parent Sector : Division for Conferences, Languages and Documents (CLD)
Duty Station: Documents Management section
Job Family: Administration
Type of contract : Non Staff
Recruitment open to : External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 18-JUN-2023
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
The Pre-Media Unit is located in the Documents Management Section of the Division of Conferences, Languages and Documents, in the Sector for Administration and Management. The Pre-Media Unit's primary responsibilities concern the direction and management of visual design, multimedia and graphic design services for all UNESCO publications, documents, large-format and promotional materials for conferences, programme sectors and governing bodies of UNESCO; and for advising clients on the technical aspects of such services. The Unit is also responsible for the management of outsourced desktop publishing (DTP) work that cannot be processed in-house. The role reports to the Head of the Pre-Media Unit.
The purpose of the present advertisement is to establish a roster of qualified Graphic Designers. Qualified individuals are invited to express their interest for freelance employment as individual consultant or temporary assistant contract by the Division of Conferences, Languages and Documents. The selected candidates will work remotely and are not expected to work on UNESCO premises. The expressions of interest received will be reviewed based on technical assessment, which will take the form of a desk review and, in most cases, an online test. The freelance Graphic Designer need not, and usually does not, work on the UNESCO premises. The contractual arrangement will be in accordance with the rules and regulation of UNESCO.
• Producing communications materials, including but not limited to designing and laying out reports, flyers and brochures, posters and other physical banners, promotional materials, and illustrations.
• Creating templates for visual assets for adaptation.
• Developing data-oriented assets, data visualizations such as graphs, charts, timelines, maps, and infographics.
• Ensure that all publications, reports, and products are in line with the graphic guidelines
• Performing rounds of corrections following the divisional quality checks.
• Delivering high- and low-resolution files (for print and web) as well as complete design packages (source files)
• A degree in graphic design, visual communications, fine arts, or related areas is required.
• At least 2 years of experience in visual communications, graphic design for web and for print.
• Excellent knowledge of English or French.DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience in data visualisation and information design.
• Experience working with the United Nations System or other international organization(s).
• Knowledge of another/other UNESCO official language(s) (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish).HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are kindly requested to apply and submit the following documents:
• An up-to-date CV stating details of educational qualifications, work experience, including prior experience of work relevant for the call.
• A statement indicating the reasons for applying and how qualifications and experience may be useful for the assignments (max. 1 page).
• Two recommendation letters of previous supervisors, clients, or other professionals you may have worked with in past assignments who are knowledgeable of your competences and experience.
• Hyperlinks to previous works, a PDF or online portfolio.
Your application should be submitted in just one file with all the documents required (pdf format) to be uploaded in the application section "Employment History Form".
The Consultant roster will be open from 23 May – 18 June, 2023 at 23:59 (Paris time). Any applications submitted during this period will be considered for consultancy opportunities available.
UNESCO places great emphasis on ensuring that the objectives of the work assignment, as described in the Terms of Reference, are met. Accordingly, in evaluating the proposals for the assignment, attention will focus first and foremost on the technical elements. From those proposals deemed suitable in terms of the criteria in the Terms of Reference, UNESCO shall select the proposal that offers the Organization best value for money.SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO recalls that paramount consideration in the appointment of staff members shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, technical competence and integrity. UNESCO applies a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of harassment. UNESCO is committed to achieving and sustaining equitable and diverse geographical distribution, as well as gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Candidates from non- and under-represented Member States (last update here) are particularly welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. Individuals from minority groups and indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: