Consultancy - Full Stack Developer, ICTD New York
New York City
UNICEF's ICT Division seeks experienced Full Stack Developer to build custom features, applications and sites within the SharePoint and Azure environments.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a connected world
The overarching strategic goal of UNICEF's ICT Division (ICTD) is to transform and build partnerships with our stakeholders to successfully implement UNICEF programmes globally through the use of innovative technology-enabled solutions. The Solutions Centre and Support section of ICTD translates business requirements into new solutions and services.
How can you make a difference?
UNICEF currently requires an experienced Full Stack Developer to build custom features, applications and sites within the SharePoint and Azure environments.
This 11-month consultancy will be based off-site. The incumbent will collaborate remotely with a team that includes a web designer, SharePoint administrators, SQL DBAs, and other full stack developers.
- Develop custom-coded SharePoint and/or C# .NET applications and solutions according to UNICEF development standards, concentrating on server-side web APIs
- Write client-side code to get and manipulate data from Web Services
- Participate in the assessment of customer requirements, determine technical feasibility and document results
- Analyze and test new releases/versions of Azure applications, Office 365 and other MS technologies. Conducts research and makes recommendations on back-end and cloud-based products and services.
- Ensure in-depth application testing and integrate quality into all work
- Perform tests according to a given test plan and document results
- Assist in the creation and enhancement of development standards
- Provide technical documentation on completed work.
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelors or Engineering Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent professional experience.
- 4+ years of experience using C# to build services layer on ASP.NET Web API, Rest Services, WCF, MVC, and XML Web Services. Experience should include applying best practices to areas like security, performance, testing, load balancing, and scalability.
- 3+ years of experience working with Azure or SharePoint 2013/2010 services layer (.NET, CSOM, JSOM, and Rest APIs).
- 3+ years of SQL Server development and database design. This should include creating and using complex T-SQL and PL/SQL queries.
- Proficiency in designing, coding, testing, documenting, and deploying global and highly complex solutions based on system and user requirements.
- Experience integrating SQL Server or Oracle data warehouse services with SharePoint 2010/2013/Online (using REST APIs, ETL packages, SSRS, SSAS, D3).
- Proficiency in using Visual Studio Online, including the use of automated building and deployment workflows.
- Familiarity with directory services (Active Directory, LDAP, ISA), networking (DNS, HTTP, SSL), email (SMTP), and storage (SAN) concepts
- Experience in working closely with enterprise architecture and development teams in all phases of SDLC.
- Good analytical skills in order to understand business requirements, processes, data, and system integration points to recommend appropriate technology solutions
- Experience in working in projects having integration with Microsoft products (Exchange, Office, etc.)
- Ability to be a self-starter and to work with minimum supervision
- Experience in a multi-cultural and gender sensitive work environment
- Fluency in English with excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above (including travel and daily subsistence allowance, if applicable). Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: New York City
- Grade: International Consultant - Internationally recruited Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Closing Date: 2018-05-01