Digital Communication Specialist
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants
in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member countries
are encouraged to apply.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The Office for Corporate Communication (OCC) is responsible for all corporate and internal communication activities of the Organization. It ensures coherence and consistency in FAOâs corporate messaging and communicationsâ outputs, as well as enables cost-effectiveness in use of communication-related resources across the Organization.
FAO Consultant/PSA and Call purpose
The purpose of this call is to attract talent with experience and background in the area of digital communication to populate Consultant/PSA rosters.
Candidates who have already applied for IRC 4829 need not to re-apply for this vacancy.
The Consultants/PSAs will report directly to Officers within the unit they are selected to work in. If outside of OCC the Consultant/PSA will work under the functional supervision of OCC.
Tasks and responsibilities
The generic functions for the profile include, but are not limited to, the following\:
Monitoring and Evaluation
Branding and conceptual design of FAO digital platforms
Â· Branding for FAO digital platforms and corporate products, campaigns, projects and programmes.
Â· Coordination of design ideas and timely production of materials
Â· Contribute to the implementation of the digital vision of OCC, in line with the overall FAO Communication strategy.
Support to FAOâs digital platforms
Digital knowledge management
Perform other duties as required.
- According to function (consultant or PSA) either Advanced University Degree or University degree in communication, social science, journalism, political science or a related field
- 1 year (Level C) or 5 years (Level B) of relevant experience in digital communication and content production for digital platforms.
- For consultants, working knowledge (Level C) of English, French and Spanish and limited knowledge (Level B) of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese or Russian.
- For PSAs, working knowledge (Level C) of one of FAOâs official languages. Level B of another official language is desirable.
FAO Core Competencies
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. Interview process may commence before the closure of this vacancy announcement.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognised in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: Rome (Italy)
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Communication and Public Information
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Design (digital, product, graphics or visual design)
- Closing Date: 2018-10-31