Experts Roster - Mobile Applications Developer
Mobile Applications Developer, HQ Amman Deadline for Applications 31 December 2019 Duration 6-12 months, subject to the availability of funds, satisfactory performance and continuing need.
Vacancy Announcement 19-RO-AM-01
UNRWA, the largest United Nations operation in the Middle East with over 30,000 staff working across five areas of operation, is looking for highly committed professionals wishing to make a change.
We are building a SMART Enterprise that partners with the business to benefit the Palestine refugees
The Information Management Department (IMD) is a strategic enabler of UNRWA’s programmes in Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, West Bank and Gaza. With over 35,000 staff members serving over 5 million Palestine refugees, the Agency’s programmes deliver direct services to the refugees in the areas of education, health, relief and social service, infrastructure and camp improvement, and microfinance services. IMD is always at the forefront when it comes to introducing innovative business solutions that impact the organization’s overall value chain even as it embarks towards a future ready state that is defined by the SMART Enterprise Strategic Framework.
The main responsibilities include:
- Designing, building and maintaining Android & iOS mobile applications;
- Performing software development and maintenance tasks on applications to which assigned;
- Performing limited analysis tasks as assigned by the supervisor for the design, implementation, customization and maintenance of Agency software applications;
- Assisting in collecting and documenting user requirements and preparation of system and programme specifications;
- Assisting in preparation of user manuals and other documentation for the systems and applications to which assigned.
Conditions of service:
Remuneration and other contractual modalities will depend upon the needs of the
assignment and the candidate’s qualifications, experience and the level of expertise.To qualify for this position, you will need: Education A university degree from an accredited educational institution in computer
science, business administration with a major in or focus on information technology, or
other related discipline;
Work At least one year of experience in mobile applications development using
expAnrdenicestudio and swift for iOS, RESTful API’s, JSON, GitHub in addition to using
ASP.Net and MS SQL Server;
Language(s) Good command of spoken and written English.
- Knowledge of iOS SDK, Java and Android SDK;
- Knowledge of Front-End technologies and platforms (Angular, Node.js, Ajax, and JQuery);
- Knowledge of one of the following platforms (Xamarin, Ionic, React Native). You will also need to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Good communications skills
- Training skills and ability to make clear presentations
- Team spirit and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships For guidance on how to prepare for competency-based interviews: https://careers.un.org/lbw/home.aspx?viewtype=AYI Who we are For almost 70 years, the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine (UNRWA) has been working on the ground in five fields of operations in Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, West Bank and the Gaza Strip providing direct assistance and protection for some 5 million Palestine refugees in the Middle East. UNRWA is mandated by the UN General Assembly to provide this assistance and its mission is to help Palestine refugees achieve their full potential in human development until there is a just and lasting solution for their plight. UNRWA restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who have been uprooted by conflict with services encompassing education, health care, relief and social services, camp infrastructure and improvement, microfinance and emergency assistance. For more details on UNRWA, please visit: https://www.unrwa.org/ How to apply Applicants are required to register at http://jobs.unrwa.org by creating a personal profile and completing an UNRWA Personal History Form. Please note that UNRWA only accepts degrees from accredited educational institutions. Only applications received through http://jobs.unrwa.org will be considered. Due to the large number of applications received, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted via e-mail only. Please ensure that the e-mail address indicated in your Personal History Profile is accurate. The United Nations does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process (application, testing, interviewing, etc). The United Nations does not concern itself with information related to bank accounts. General information UNRWA staff are expected to uphold the highest standards of integrity, neutrality and impartiality at all times. This includes respect for and commitment to human rights, diversity, and non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for UNRWA jobs. UNRWA is a non-smoking work environment.On appointment, all individuals will be asked to sign a self attestation, confirming that they
have not committed, been convicted of, or prosecuted for, any criminal offence and that they
have not been involved, by act or omission, in the commission of any violation of
international human rights law or international humanitarian law.
Date of issue: 27 November 2018/RJ