Trieste (Italy) | it
Under the direct supervision of the Head of the Information and Communication Technology Section (ICTS), the incumbent is a specialist on the development of complex programs on High Performance Computing (HPC) clusters and provides advice to scientists on how to develop proper code, set up data structures, consider various methodologies for the calculations and advices on how to manage and elaborate 'Big Data'. The incumbent organizes training and educational activities on HPC related issues. She/he acts as organizer for ICTP activities and also as Project Manager for HPC related projects funded by third parties. The incumbent will be a coordinator to the joint programme "Master in HPC" performed in collaboration with the 'Scuola lnternazionale Superiore di Studi Avanzati' (SISSA) at Trieste.
In particular, s/he will perform the following duties\:
Provide highly-specialized technical support and advice to the ICTP scientific community on issues related to HPC programming and efficient usage of HPC clusters, including the improvement and enhancement of existing code.
Conduct ICTP training activities and educational programs related to data science, computing technology and software development for HPC applications. Act as organizer or co-organizer at ICTP activities or activities organized by other scientific organizations. Act as Project Manager within scientific projects where ICTP participates.
Lecture at the SISSA and ICTP joint "Master in HPC" (MHPC) and provide technical expertise to the Scientific Committee of the program.
Provide input to system design and administration tasks for the HPC cluster and contribute to the definition, selection, set-up and management of HPC systems.
Collaborate with ICTP scientists in the development of requests for research grants. Provide the relevant input in order to receive grants for computing resources on large-scale infrastructures.
- Advanced university degree (equivalent to Masters) in Computer Sciences or in a related field.
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience in development of programming code used on HPC systems;
- Proven experience to run and maintain complex applications running on HPC clusters;
- Proven experience in the development of computational research grants.
- Knowledge of enhanced programming techniques (including parallel programming and GPU programming) that are applied in scientific computing;
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Ability to communicate effectively on complex technical issues.
- Excellent knowledge of English.