Human Resources Officer
Duty Station : Sittwe Office, Rakhine State
Report to : Human Resources and Administrative Team Leader
Overall purpose of the role:
To provide Human Resources administrative assistance and support in compliance with DRC's and local guidelines and procedures
Geographic scope: Area (Rakhine)
This role has an area focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the area. The role contributes to the development of area strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to base operations.
General Human Resources tasks
- Advise and assist HR and Admin Team leader and employees in Human Resources related issues and concerns
- Review Human Resources processes and suggests improvements
Compensations & benefits
- Manage, update and process the staff payrolls in close collaboration with the other departments, and ensure onward submission to finance department.
- Ensure that all relevant deductions are effected on a monthly basis.
- Prepare and submit required reports on a monthly basis for auditing purposes
- Ensure that records of all Human Resources related information is kept and sent on timely basis to relevant parties (Country HR, Finance department)
- Draft new and renew contract and other personnel- related issues with special attention to compensation and benefit.
- Prepare, advice and oversee staff leave and absence.
- Ensure follow up on staff exist procedure are made for all staff in coordination with supply chain and finance department.
Development, people planning, recruitment and well-being
- Ensure that the performance appraisal process is conducted, and that there are learning and development opportunities available to the employee
- Assist in inducting training on Code of Conduct, Confidentiality, Conflict of Interest, etc. as needed.
- Prepare and update briefing /induction package for new staff /coordinate the induction process.
- Support in developing vacancy announcements, arrangement for interviews / tests and appointment process for new staff
- Manage and follow up on request housing and travelling allowance (HAT) for staffs.
- Assist or drive people well-being initiatives
- Support staff development activities including promoting the DRC learning catalogue.
Dynamics HR Function
- Support roll out of new HR Management Systems and tools e.g. Dynamics
- Ensure to be correct employee data in system
- Check and oversee, corrected leave balance of staffs in Dynamics.
- Assist to ensure log in to Dynamic, email accessing for new onboarding staff.
- Raise staff’s dynamic error report to ERP focal person as needed.
- Take administrative tasks in absence of Admin Officer
- Complete and submitted HR related monthly operation to HR and Administration Team Leader.
- Complete and submit monthly update of staff’s high light to YGN HR.
- Complete and submit monthly update of staff’s bank account to YGN Finance.
- Update Rakhine staff internal contact list and share to all staff monthly.
*Any other duty requested by HR and Admin Team Leader and Support Service Manager
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in Human Resources management, administration, change management, and/or organizational development
- Technical skills in managing compensation and benefits.
- (I)NGO experience is preferred
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience using an online system for recruitments
- Able to work independently, asking for help when deeded.
- Good interpersonal skill and communication skill.
- Familiarity with Myanmar labor law.
- Able to travel occasionally to DRC office located area in Rakhine ( Maungdaw ,Maruk Oo office).
- University degree in Human Resource Management, Business, or Social Science Degree specializing in Human Resources or equivalent professional qualification
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency in local language
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. "
- Understanding of operational context in Rakhine;
- Understanding of humanitarian principles;
- Experience working in NGO/INGO.
- English written and spoken, listening.
- Starting date of employment: as soon as possible.
- Salary: Competitive salary according to DRC Myanmar salary scale.
This position is open for Myanmar Nationals only. DRC strongly advocates for equal opportunity and promotes a diversified and inspiring working environment.
Applicants who meet the above-mentioned requirements should apply by submitting their applications in English (consisting of Cover Letter and CV of no more than 4 pages, including contact details of 3 professional references).
- Only shortlisted applicant will be contacted for a written test in English and a face to face interview.
- After closing date, applications are not to be considered.
Deadline for submission of applications: 17-December-2019
Please be noted that due to the urgency of the position, DRC will review applications on a rolling basis and candidates may be invited to test/interview before this date.