Requisition ID: req7802
Job Title: HR Officer
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Athens, Greece
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, the IRC aims to restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
In response to the influx of refugees in Greece, The IRC Hellas started operations in Greece in June 2015 and currently runs operations out of four offices in Athens, Mytilini, Samos and Chios. The IRC’s programming in Greece currently focuses on three key areas: Social Services for Women and Children, Mental Health, and Support to refugees to find employment / become self-employed.
The HR Officer supports an effective and progressive HR Management (HRM) organization in collaboration with the Snr HR Manager. The HR Officer is responsible to promote quantitative aspects of HRM. She/he is in charge of all administrative issues for international and HRM for national staff as well as payroll administration support for national staff.
- Applies IRC HR Policies and procedures
- Compile monthly payroll submissions; review payroll data and work with the Snr HR Manager to ensure the smooth monthly administration of payroll
- Responsible for the employee database and personnel files
- Participates in the recruitment cycle (post vacancies, coordinate and conduct interviews, etc.)
- Facilitate the conduction of HR orientation for all new staff
- Participate in preparing national staff contracts and promote employee adherence to personnel policies, and ensure compliance with all labor laws
- Supervises registration of employee to social security funds and tax offices and related payments. Applies working conditions based on management guidelines and local legislation, staff regulations and other applicable policies.
- Maintain up-to-date leave tracking record, follow up on changes in status, terminations and exit procedures.
- Responsible for tracking personnel training needs, make suggestions, organize and conduct relevant sessions.
- Support and co – facilitate with the Snr HR Manager Trainings and capacity building activities for personnel.
- Keeps project organization charts actual
- Makes sure all staff has the appropriate contract and personal files are kept up-to-date at all time
- Prepares all correspondences with partners and all requested HR documents as needed (authorities, tax offices, ministry of labor, etc.)
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Snr HR Manager
- Support operations in all locations based on operational needs.
- University Degree in Management, Human resources, Administration or related fields
- Minimum 3 to 4 years professional experience in Human Resources/Administration/Office Management
- INGO experience preferred
- Fluency in English
- Strong sense of personal integrity
- Additional qualities: ability to multitask, ability to handle pressure well, ability to improvise, flexibility, cultural and environmental sensitivity
- Team work skills