OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMMETo ensure that effective WHO country presence is established to implement WHO country cooperation strategies that are aligned with Member State's health and development agendas, and harmonized with the United Nations country teams.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
EducationEssential\: Completion of secondary education supplemented by secretarial training
Desirable\: University degree in business administration, social sciences or related field is an asset.
ExperienceEssential\: At least five years' progressive administrative experience
Desirable\: Relevant experience in the UN system.
WHO global Competencies model at http\://www.who.int/employment/WHO_competencies_EN.pdf?ua=1
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Knowing and managing yourself
Moving forward in a changing environment
Use of Language SkillsEssential\: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Local language.
REMUNERATIONWHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at LYD 28,360 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply on-line. For assessment of your application, please ensure that your profile on Stellis is updated; all experience records are entered with elaboration on tasks performed at the time. Kindly note that CV/PHFs inserted via LinkedIn are not accessible.
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE AR-SA
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link\: http\://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit\: http\://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO's workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.