Sharepoint Online Developer
About UN University
For the past four decades, UNU has been a go-to think tank for impartial research on the pressing global problems of human survival, conflict prevention, development, and welfare. With more than 400 researchers in 13 countries, UNU’s work spans the full breadth of the 17 SDGs, generating policy-relevant knowledge to effect positive global change. UNU maintains more than 200 collaborations with UN agencies and leading universities and research institutions across the globe.
United Nations University Campus Computing Centre (C3)
The UNU Campus Computing Centre (C3) serves as the technology arm of the United Nations University, providing responsive, user-focused and cost-effective information and communications technology (ICT) solutions that assist UNU and its institutes in successfully achieving their respective missions. In fulfilling this responsibility, C3 is committed to guiding the University’s strategic technology direction and overseeing the coordination and support of ICT infrastructure, resources, and services in alignment with the University’s mission and goals.
Under the supervision of Chief of Information Technology, the candidate will be working with the Software Engineering team to architect, develop and support SharePoint solutions.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- collaborate with different business units to gather requirements and develop requirements specification documents
- implement and update SharePoint sites, lists, libraries, pages, apps, forms, and workflows according to the requirements and design specifications in collaboration with business owners and end-users
- configure and implement SharePoint site and group site permissions
- involve in system testing to ensure the requirements have been satisfied
- work with the team to evaluate, plan and deploy new initiatives that use SharePoint Online, Power Automate, PowerApps, Power BI, and other O365 applications
- improve business processes using the O365 platform
- develop, configure, and maintain sites, pages, libraries, lists, and other custom solutions as well as access control
- optimise data store and access performance and security
- document all development processes, configurations, and solutions
- provide system support when needed
- deliver end-user training and share knowledge with internal team members
- stay current with the latest technology developments and provide recommendations regarding changes to current standards and solutions as appropriate
- work with the team to build, maintain, migrate, and support new and existing intranet web applications
- undertake other duties and specific projects as directed, which may include researching new technology and developing innovative approaches to new challenges
Requirements and qualifications
Requirements and qualifications include:
- a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years of experience of SharePoint development and administration experience
- 2+ years of business process analysis, user requirements development and documentation, system development lifecycle, systems analysis, and system support experience
- strong SharePoint Online, Power Automate, and other Office365 applications configuration and troubleshooting experience
- good communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to present technical solutions to non-technical stakeholders
- demonstrated experience in operational-level user support
- familiarity with agile principles
- strong problem-solving and time management skills
- knowledge in web technologies and service-oriented architecture
- strong interest in microservices and relevant patterns, CI/CD, and cloud infrastructure
- knowledge in Content Management Systems such as Drupal or WordPress is a plus
UNU is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities to apply and become part of the organisation.
UNU has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNU, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
Remuneration based on experience. This is a locally recruited position and no relocation allowance applies. The successful candidate will be employed under a local contract and will not hold international civil servant status nor be a “staff member” as defined in the United Nations Staff Rules and Regulations. UNU does not sponsor a working visa for this position.
Duration of contract
This is full-time employment on a one (1) year Personnel Service Agreement (PSA) contract with UNU-Centre Tokyo with the possibility for renewal subject to requirements and satisfactory work performance, with the combined duration of appointments not exceeding six (6) years.
As soon as possible.
Interested applicants should submit their applications online using this form and must upload the following:
- a cover letter setting out how the qualifications and experience match the requirements of the position
- a completed and signed UNU Personal History (P.11) form; please avoid using similar forms provided by other United Nations organisations
- an updated curriculum vitae