Consultancy: CRM Data Engineer, ICTD, New York
New York City (United States of America)
UNICEF ICT Division's Solution Center and Support team is looking for a CRM Data Engineer that will manage the overall data migration activities from legacy database application to Salesforce CRM.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a connected world
The overarching strategic goal of UNICEF’s ICT Division (ICTD) is to transform and build partnerships with our stakeholders to successfully implement UNICEF programmes globally through the use of innovative technology-enabled solutions.
This position is situated within the Solutions Centre and Support section of ICTD. The centre provides adequate, user-friendly, and modern business solutions to UNICEF’s different departments and stakeholders as well as providing guidance, governance, and procedures to several enterprise processes such as data collection, program monitoring, digital tools and platforms, and business process optimization throughout the organization.
ICTD is a leading the technology delivery in the Supporter Engagement Strategy (SES), which aims to increase the global acquisition and engagement of UNICEF’s diverse supporter base, including donors, advocates and volunteers. A key part of the strategy is to replace incumbent CRM and Online Giving systems currently in place within 21 country offices with Salesforce platform
How can you make a difference?
Under the guidance of the Salesforce Solution Manager, CRM Data Engineer manages the overall data migration activities from legacy database application to Salesforce CRM. The CRM Data Engineer will be the Go-to person for any data related activities for SES project and will own end to end data migration activities - initial strategy, mapping, script development, data quality and final production load and also support data integration activities. You will have strong understanding of data protection and data governance and your methodical and logical approach to planning and organization together with attention to details will see you succeed in the role.
Main Tasks and Activities
- Lead the data migration discovery sessions with database administrators and process expert from the country offices.
- Analyze data across sources system, defines business rules for handling source data and access source data quality
- Work with Salesforce Architect in Salesforce data model design. Develop and Maintain data dictionary for the Salesforce platform
- Develop data mapping, transformation/conversion logic from source system to target system (Salesforce)
- Develop script for data cleaning and de-dup to drive accuracy and completeness of data and resolve as needed
- Produce and own highly detailed reusable artifacts (such as data migration runbook, mapping document, transformation logic) and maintain them for the duration of projects
- Document and validates data migration design specifications with key users and stakeholders
- Coordinate the testing of the data migration with business SMEs and triage data migration defects
- Document and Design data integration between Salesforce and third-party system and work with integration team in data integration
- Guide and support country offices and local team on defining data requirements, data extract, conversion process, data correction in their legacy systems
- Fully comply with UNICEF data policies and ensure all data migration activities follows guidelines and requirements.
- Develop reports, dashboards within Salesforce and Power BI
- Supporting Salesforce technical product owner on overall delivery of SES technology requirements and perform other tasks as required.
Duration: This consultancy will be for a period of eleven and a half (11.5) months.
Start date: tentatively 01st October 2020.
Location: Remote. The working hours needs to be Central European Time to work with wider project team based in New York, Geneva. Occasional overseas travel may be required.
Reporting to: ICT Manager, CRM Solutions
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Academic Degrees required:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in Information Technology or related field is required. A combination of a first university degree in a relevant field combined with two additional years of relevant professional experience may be substituted for the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible and relevant work experience in an international development context as elaborated below
Other Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrate deep data integration and migration experience with Salesforce.com including understanding of Salesforce data and security model. Experience with Nonprofit data model or other CRM application such as Donor Perfect is a plus.
- 5+ years' hands on experience with data migration activities using SQL Server, Excel, Access
- Demonstrated experiences with CRM Data Quality management including Salesforce cleaning data tools such as Cloudingo, Demand Tools, Talend etc. Experience with data integration services such as Azure Logic App, Data Factory, MuleSoft etc. would be advantageous.
- Industry qualifications in Salesforce platform (ADM 201) will be an added advantage
- Ability to travel to UNICEF countries offices during the project phase
- Experience with reporting / BI tools such as Power BI, SSRS, Salesforce Einstein Analytics would be advantageous
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral. Has the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Flexibility and agility to adapt to changing and evolving business requirements and objectives
Language Requirements: Fluency in English is required. Additional UN languages will be considered an asset.
Each applicant will be evaluated based on the cumulative analysis methodology (weighted scoring method), where the award of the contract will be made to the individual consultant or vendor whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
- Responsive/compliant/acceptable; and
- Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of technical skills and financial proposal specific to the solicitation.
Technical Criteria weight: [70%]
Financial Criteria weight: [30%].
Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above (including travel and daily subsistence allowance, if applicable). Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
With the exception of the US Citizens, G4 Visa and Green Card holders, should the selected candidate and his/her household members reside in the United States under a different visa, the consultant and his/her household members are required to change their visa status to G4, and the consultant's household members (spouse) will require an Employment Authorization Card (EAD) to be able to work, even if he/she was authorized to work under the visa held prior to switching to G-4.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.