IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The Regional Office for Latin America and the Caribbean (RLC) is responsible for leading FAO's response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning, and implementation of FAO's priority activities in the region. It ensures a multidisciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the Organization in the Region and, in collaboration with departments and divisions at headquarters, develops, promotes and oversees FAO's strategic response to regional priorities. RLC also advises on the incorporation of regional priorities into the Organization's Programme of Work and Budget and implements approved programmes and projects in the region, monitors the level of programme implementation and draws attention to problems and deficiencies. RLC develops and maintains relations with region-wide institutions, including regional political and economic integration organizations. The Regional Office supports regional policy dialogue on food security, agriculture and rural development issues, facilitates the emergence of regional partnerships, and supports capacity development and resource mobilization for food security, agriculture and rural development in the region.
RLC Field Programme Unit which is in charge of FAO's Project Cycle Management, in close collaboration with CIO and a multidisciplinary team of the functional units related to RLC as well as Country Offices is developing a corporate platform in SharePoint, for the follow-up and monitoring of the management of FAO Programs and Projects at the Regional, Subregional and National levels, to improve the management and execution of projects, including adequate monitoring and compliance with policies and procedures, as well as communicate their contributions to Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and its tangible results to resource partners, implementing partners and beneficiaries.
This platform includes strategic planning (impact, results, indicators and targets) with work plan planning (outputs, activities/tasks, stakeholders, resources); monitoring the progress of project's actions, to achieve efficient and effective financial implementation and execution; in accordance with the plan and delivery of reports that reflect the actual progress of the project in programmatic and financial aspects, for timely decision making.
The Consultant will report to the Senior Field Programme Officer (SFPO) FAO-RLC.
Under the overall direction of the SFPO, and the day to day management of the monitoring process development team leader, the consultant will perform the following duties with respect to information systems:
Tasks and responsibilities
- Develop applications in SharePoint.
- Participate in design discussions, develop mock-ups and translate business requirements into technical tasks.
- Develop tools in SharePoint to facilitate:
- monitoring the Log frame, Risk Management Plan, Workplan Budget
- monitoring the procurement plan
- managing inputs and resources as per work plan
- monitoring the staffing and the staff
- Program, test, debug and maintain applications based on the SharePoint platform; also address systems performance issues and crashes as per operations requests when necessary.
- Participate in defining, implementing and mainstreaming SharePoint best practices and procedures.
- Contribute to the elaboration of intermediate and final reports of programs and projects, based on the provision of systematized operational and financial data
- Ensure compliance with appropriate organizational standards in close collaboration with quality assurance (QA) and information and system architecture.
- Other related duties as necessary.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- At least 2 years of experience developing SharePoint applications.
- University degree in computer science or closely related discipline.
- Working knowledge of Spanish (C) and English (B) is required
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Demonstrable ability to design and implement SharePoint applications.
- Ability to work under pressure and with very strict deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to assimilate and analyse information efficiently and effectively.
- Client-oriented and customer focused
- Length of experience developing SharePoint applications
- Quality of SharePoint applications developed.
- Depth of knowledge and skill in:
-Microsoft SharePoint User Profile Service (UPS) and Central Administration.
-Microsoft Windows Server / Internet Information Services (IIS)
-Microsoft SQL Server ○ HTML5/CSS3
- Familiarity with programming languages and techniques.
- Ability to work in an agile software development team.
- Regional and global database management
- Understanding of Windows Server, Internet Information Services (IIS), is desirable
- Knowledge of other programming languages and techniques, including Model View Controller (MVC) design pattern, is desirable.
- Experience working in software development teams.
- Microsoft related Certifications
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency