Human Resources Officer
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, the IRC aims to restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
In response to the influx of refugees in Greece, The IRC Hellas has been working in Lesvos since June 2015, currently providing support to the Middle East and North Africa refugees.
The HR Officer supports an effective and progressive HR Management (HRM) organization in collaboration with the Senior Regional HR Coordinator. The HR Officer is responsible to promote quantitative aspects of HRM. She/he is in charge of all administrative issues for international and HRM for national staff as well as payroll administration for national staff. S/he will be responsible for rolling the IRC Greece payroll and will be the focal point for any payroll matter as well as any benefits implementation. He/she serve as the liaison with the payroll provider for all employee related issues.
- Liaise with payroll provider so as to gather all relevant data on due time by all locations, request further checks and update the provider with all relevant employment issues.
- Being responsible to give guidance /advice on labor law related issues & legal compliance as well as Social Security funds (e.g. ERGANI, OAED, IKA etc.) cooperating closely with the Senior Regional HR Coordinator.
- Holding the responsibility for monthly HR Reports consolidation and KPIs Preparations for all locations.
- Responsible to keep updated the HR Master file in all locations in cooperation with HR Officers & HR Assistant, in order to facilitate HR processes management and accuracy of the data.
- Liaison with the HR Officer & HR Assistant in the field offices to collect all the relevant information regarding schedules, overtimes, payroll cumulative trackers
- Act as the focal person for all benefits inquiries, submit monthly reports where needed and ensure all staff is enrolled in the schemes upon hire.
- Supervises registration of employees to social security funds and tax offices and related payments. Applies working conditions based on management guidelines and local legislation, staff regulations and other applicable policies.
- Holds the responsibility that personal files are kept up-to-date at all time (both in soft as well as in hard copy) and ensure all employee contracts are in adherence to personnel policies and Greek Labor Law.
- Assist in all other sites of HR like Recruitment, onboarding and Relevant Training activities
- Follow up on changes in status, termination.
- Maintain up-to-date leave tracking records
- Reports to Senior Regional HR Coordinator all relevant information on HR situations
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Senior Regional HR Coordinator
- Applies IRC HR Policies and procedures
- Maintain the confidentiality of all sensitive HR information at all times