Human Resources Officer (National Position)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces
The Human Resources Officer is responsible for recruitment, personnel file documents control, assist for visa and work permit preparation during annual renewal and other HR admin work. The Human Resources Officer ensures an effectiveness overall day-to-day implementation of Human Resource functions and provide Human Resource professional services to Bangkok and field offices, which is efficient, transparent, equitable and workable.
- Post Job advertisement on recruitment system, job board, professional sites, and job sites.
- Schedule interview, facilitate test and contact candidate.
- Conduct pre-employment check on candidates i.e., reference check, Anti-Terrorism & criminal check (ATC), local criminal check and follow up the completion of documents.
- Directly recruit position on independent contractor and employee in junior level and conduct full cycle of recruitment process.
- Support on emergency recruitment and deployment.
- Maintain all documentation pertaining to Recruitment.
Personnel file documents Controls
- Responsible for filing backlog documents, updating, and ensuring the accuracy of staff personal files.
- Make the necessary copies and ensure accurate distribution of the documents to the people concerned.
- Check that documents are in order in terms of document title, document no., revision no., description, and progress status.
Organize old personnel files to be kept in outsourced storage and maintain tracking list
Visa and work permit support
- Assist HR team member about documentation during annual visa and work permit renewal period.
- Work together with HR team member to prepare visa and work permit applications and escort international staff to the Thai Immigration Office for visa extension and Ministry of Labor for work permit renewal.
- Assist in translating HR policies and other related HR documents from English to Thai and vice versa.
- Assist in HR activities and initiatives i.e., staff service award.
- Represent IRC positively and professionally in both internal and external relations and situations.
- Always keep HR information private and confidential.
- Coordinate with each field HR staff and assist them in response in HR matters to run the work smoothly and effectively.
- Perform other HR duties as assigned by HR Manager and HR Coordinator/Lead.
Key Working Relationships:
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
Indirect Reporting: Human Resources Coordinator/ Lead
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: HR Focal points in field office, hiring managers and IRC Thailand staff
External: Job applicants, Recruitment agencies and HR networks