Home Based - May require travel (Home Based)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background, and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations, and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct and to uphold our values. FAO has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and FAO, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority, and discrimination
- All selected candidates, therefore, will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The Food and Agriculture Organization is the specialized Agency of the United Nations leading international efforts to defeat hunger. FAO works in over 130 countries worldwide to achieve food security for all and make sure that people have regular access to high-quality food.
The Digitalization and Informatics Division (CSI) is responsible for all IT activities within the Organization. CSI performs the following critical roles: defining FAO IT policies and providing strategic advice on IT architecture and standards, governance, policy and operational matters while monitoring organizational compliance; defining the mechanisms for managing FAO’s information and data; protecting FAO’s information assets and ensuring confidentiality, integrity and availability; ensuring provision of IT services that are core for the Organization’s global operations and supporting the information and business processes; coordinating organization-wide IT activities in order to reduce duplication and fragmentation and to increase integration of information data, systems and platforms, mobilizing IT resources from across the Organization.
The incumbent will work in CSI’s Digital Office Team, which has an overall responsibility for digital strategy, governance and capacity building in digital technologies to support FAO’s field programme delivery. The incumbent will support the team’s Knowledge Management activities, with a specific focus on the data management activities required to support, maintain and publish the FAO Digital Portfolio and related knowledge products.
The incumbent will work under the supervision of the IT Officer located in the CSI Digital Office Team.
Day-to-day management of multi-dimensional data models, ETLs and related data management activities that are required to support and maintain the Digital Knowledge Repository and the publication of the FAO Digital Portfolio.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Design, maintain and document multi-dimensional data models according to good practices in data management
• Design, implement and maintain data visualizations, dashboards and reports in Microsoft Power BI
• Design, implement and maintain ETL and related processes using Microsoft Power Query and Power Automate platform
• Design, implement and maintain data entry capabilities in Microsoft SharePoint online
• Support the compilation and publishing of the FAO Digital Portfolio
• Support the compilation and publishing of other related knowledge products
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• University degree in Computer and Data Sciences, Information Systems or other relevant field (for Consultants); University degree or relevant background in the above mentioned fields (for PSA)
• Three years of relevant experience in information system management, development of data analytical platforms in relation to agricultural, environmental and humanitarian sectors.
• Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of one of the other UN official languages (for Consultants); Working knowledge of English (for PSA).
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency