Procurement Officer (Services)
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The division of the Business Operations of WHO Regional Office for the Eastern Mediterranean provides support to various programmes and activities in the Region including timely procurement and supply of goods and service, administrative services, human resources management and budget and finance.
Procurement and supply of goods and services entails timely and cost effective provision of medical and non-medical supplies, equipment and services for the implementation of the EMR countries, health collaborative programmes as well as emergency operations resulted from epidemic, man-made and/-or natural disasters.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
1. Contribute to the planning, development and management of the various activities related to the procurement of services’ unit to ensure the best use of the resources, minimize the associated risks and ensure that all requests are timely processed
2. As the procurement of services’ unit’s focal point, provide technical support to requesting units on the preparation of solicitation documents (RFPs, EOIs and RFIs), evaluation of bids, preparation for clearance process and for the contractual documents.
3. Develop and maintain internal processes and provide guidance to requesting units on the proper contractual modalities and the required approval/clearances.
4. Monitor the compliance with procurement policies and processes, advising on the tender processes, contractual matters, contracts management and administration related to procurement of services.
5. Monitor the High Value RFP processes through the eTendering system (In-Tend/UNGM) at all stages in close collaboration with EMR Budget Centers and all related counterparts.
6. Review the submission of service procurement requests that requires the approval of the Regional Contract Review Committee (RCRC) and draft RCRC memos for Regional Procurement Officer approval.
7. Suggest the required enhancements and modifications to the eWorkflow system to be in line with the emanual updates of procurement policies; and participate in the design of the requirements in collaboration with ITT unit to be implemented in the system.
8. Contribute to the training activities on procurement of services for all staff in the Regional Office and WCOs.
9. Generate and analyze annual and biannual reports for service POs for all EMR Budget Centers to identify the gaps and risk areas in service procurement and propose mitigation measures to RPO and the senior management.
10. Provide technical input to the development and revision of existing policies and processes, draft or update Standard Operating Procedures related to procurement of services.
11. Participate in audit responses, review and follow-up on auditors’ recommendations related to the procurement of services.
Essential: First university degree in public procurement, business administration, Engineering, Pharmacy, or field related to purchasing from an accredited/recognized institution.
Desirable: A relevant Master’s degree or professional qualification in procurement from an accredited/ recognized institute.
Certificate or Diploma in procurement (Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply-CIPS or equivalent).
Essential: At least two years of relevant experience in services procurement and contracting operations.
Desirable: Working experience in the UN system or with an international nongovernmental organization.in services procurement.
- Thorough knowledge and skills in supply operations and procurement services.
- Demonstrated skills in databases management and use for monitoring of procurement, inventory, and forecast needs.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with the ability to coordinate activities and multitask.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to negotiate with and convince officials with tact and diplomacy.
WHO global Competencies model at http://www.who.int/employment/WHO_competencies_EN.pdf?ua=1
- Respecting & promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Excellent knowledge of English and Arabic.
Desirable: Knowledge of French an asset
Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at EGP 601,552 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level.
Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply on-line through Stellis. For assessment of your application, please ensure that: 1 -Your profile on Stellis is properly completed and updated; 2- All required details regarding your qualifications, education, training and experience are provided under relevant sections; 3- Your experience records are properly entered with elaboration on tasks performed at the time.
Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
A written test may be used as a form of screening.
In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
WHO's workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.