National Consultant – System Developer 2 – Front - End System of Digital Agriculture System
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background, and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations, and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct and to uphold our values. FAO has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and FAO, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates, therefore, will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
FAO Mongolia works with the vision "to be a leading, credible and responsive partner in ensuring food and nutrition security of the population". The office has been coordinating projects and programmes in research, capacity building, natural resources management, technology transfer, food and agriculture policy, livestock production systems management, emergency and post crisis management, forestry information, statistics, food security and nutrition, emergency response operations, crop production system management, and food quality and safety.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Mongolia, and technical supervision of the LTO of the project and close collaboration with the Assistant FAO Representative, the National Project Coordinator, and IT team at FAOMN, the National Consultant will contribute to the successful implementation of project TCP/MON/3803 project.
FAO and MoFALI is jointly implementing a Technical cooperation project to take significant steps to integrate the existing separate IT systems deployed in the agriculture sector of Mongolia. The expected outputs include i) development of digital agriculture implementation action plan; ii) a resource mobilization strategy for implementing e-agriculture strategy and; iii) identification of digital agriculture solutions.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Work closely with the project team following the terms of reference;
• Conduct study and Identify technological solutions based on system needs;
• Document system specifications and system design during system development and design;
• Participate in the development of IT systems and database of the MoFALI;
• Identify any gap and provide recommendation;
• Design and development of interface models;
• Write code according to program requirements;
• Participate in any other works required by the project team;
• Develop at least 2 applications of the digital agriculture;
• Submit system development report;
• Submit final report (include lessons learnt and recommendations);
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Bachelor's degree or higher in software, information technology, or information systems engineering;
• At least 3 years of experience as a frontend developer;
• Proficiency in professional English;
• Nationality of Mongolia or resident in the country with a regular work permit.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Experience in product development with object-oriented programming;
• Ability to develop software documentation;
• Ability to write and test development code;
• Ability to use basic design patterns of software development;
• Experience in web development and advanced knowledge;
• Ability to work in teams and independently and conduct research;
• Responsible, well-organized, and able to handle the workload;
• Experience working with BI tools is an advantage;
• Experience in UI and UX design would be an advantage.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.