UI/UX Designer – Consultancy
Texcoco | mexico - remote work is possible
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated and service-oriented professional for the consultancy of UI/UX Designer. The consultancy is an opportunity for professionals to acquire experience and skills in user interface/experience design. As such, the candidate will work closely with a team in providing efficient and modern solutions in building and testing enterprise applications that serve user needs, as well as collaborate with internal customers including but not limited to software developers, requirement analysts, testers, technical leads, and subject matter experts for a variety of software products. This consultancy will collaborate with an existing UI/UX Designer and cooperate in the execution of UI/UX design duties across the project.
- Support team members in applying user-centered design methods across the project, including but not limited to:
- Assisting with user research and translating insights into research artifacts that can be shared with team members, such as user journey maps (both high-level and for specific products/workflows).
- Prototyping and usability testing the design of new products and features.
- Evaluating existing applications and providing detailed UX assessments and enhancement recommendations.
- Other specific duties include:
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate design activities.
- Collaborate with internal teams (e.g. developers, requirements analysts and product managers) to identify system requirements.
- Conduct usability tests on a variety of products.
- Develop UI/UX standards across the project.
- Assist requirement analysts in translating requirements into mockups and prototypes.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- The selected candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Designing, Computer Science or related field, or a relevant combination of educational and professional experience.
- The selected candidate must have 1-3 year in similar role preferably with Non-Profit Sector and/or complex enterprise applications.
- The selected candidate must have knowledge of and skills in applying:
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Experience in a software design environment with methodologies such as Agile Scrum is an asset
- Expertise in user-centered design methodologies, including usability testing.
- Expertise in Figma, Adobe XD, JustInMind or similar designing platforms
- Expertise in agile/scrum development process.
- Fluency in building UI prototypes using tools such as Figma or equivalent tools.
- Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket).
- Experience with developing customer journey maps
- Team Values: Work Ethic, Initiative, Team-player, and Communicates well.
- The selected candidate candidate must exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
- The selected candidate must have enough experience in the usage of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Advanced level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of C1 as per CEFR).
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Critical thinking, Communication, Teamwork, Client Orientation, Problem solving-decision making, Negociation and Conflict resolution.
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This consultancy opportunity will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: